The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

WIN a DVD Package + More from Snowboard Addiction

Snowboard Addiction produces the world’s best snowboarding tutorials. Covering everything from basic freestyle to advanced tutorials for spinning large rotations and getting inverted, Nev and the Snowboard Addiction team are dedicated to improving your riding fast and effectively.

Our friends at http://www.snowboardaddiction.com have given us this awesome prize pack to give away.

Prize pack includes:

Getting Upside Down DVD (Unreleased)
Intro To Freestyle DVD
Intermediate Freestyle DVD
Halfpipe and Handplants DVD
Buttery Stuff DVD
Riding Pow DVD
SA Stickers
Volcom Trucker Hat
Grenade T Shirt
Grenade Glove Inners
Foam Grenade

HOW TO ENTER:

Simply reply to this thread and tell us why you need the Snowboard Addiction program.

You must reply to this thread for a valid entry.

This contest closes at 2:00pm on Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 (AEST)

The winner will be chosen by the coaches at Snowboard Addiction.

This contest is open to worldwide entries. Anyone can enter.

EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT CODE:

Don’t forget to use the promo code boardworld to receive a 10% discount on any Snowboard Addiction products.

I need to win this package so that my husband, my brother and I can progress our riding. We all are easily turning and are ready to get into some freestyle riding! The Snowboard Addiction series would help to progress that for more than just myself shaka

Hi y’all

Winter’s coming!!!  cheese

I’ve got big ambitions this year (halfpipe) and need the moves and the know-how to get started!  shred

and i need to look good doing it wink 

so I badly need the snowboard addiction program!!

And a decent winter in Oz this year would help too!

Hells yeh good work guys!

If i didnt just buy the videos already i would enter, Trust me ppl! these vids are awesome. I only go tthem for the park tutes even given me some clues on how to improve my everyday riding which i hadnt thought of before. Just have to wait till june to put the tips into practise

I just want to win this package because i love snowboarding and i want to improve my self with the snowboard addiction videos that i´ve heard they are great! I will be really happy with them and i´ll do my beast just to improve in the sport that i love, thankyou!

I wouldn’t say I “want” to win the snowboard addiction programs/dvds… The more appropriate response is I “need” them… to l.i.v.e. The reason for that is because nothing makes me happier than being on the mountain and shredding everyday. I quickly became obsessed/fell in love with the sport of snowboarding and now I try to ride whenever, where ever possible, day or night. My dream is to become a professional snowboarder so these intuitive and thorough lessons will help me out greatly. I can’t think of anything else I would rather do/become than get free stuff/paid/have the prestige title of being a professional snowboarder (as perks) on top of doing what I love. I live to ride and I ride to live smile

P.S. Thanks to the free lessons that have been posted, I have stomped my first backflip about 3 weeks ago! Keep up the good work!

hi, my names josh
im 16 and live in sydney, i love snowboarding and i dont get to go down that often because i have to pays for all my own stuff, so during not winter i work and save up for my season pass, and when im down at the snow i sleep in the back of my mums car:)(its f**king cold). so i think any =thing that will help me progress with my riding will help me as i want to start work down at thredbo next year.smile

sincerely josh.

I seriously need to get to the next level of my snowboarding. If I want to be able to snowboard awesomely with all my mates who are amazing I need to kick it to the next level. Please please please please pick me.  tongue wink

Damn, how’d I miss this one?????

I must have this prize, as only yesterday I was on my knees in front of Mrs Mizu, beggin for this exact offerin for my upcomin birthday present!!!!! (Well, not exactly the same, as I wasn’t gonna push my luck by askin for the tee and stickers!!!!! Not the first time anyways!!!!! I would’ve given it a couple of days cool off period at least, before I did that!!!!!)

And if I win it, not only can I improve my pathetic (but totally enjoyable for me at the moment, none the less) efforts, that I call my snowboardin skills, but I can also stand on my own two feet, proudly in front of Mrs Mizu and tell her that I no longer need her charity!!!!! (Hope she doesn’t read this)

Whats up Boardworld and SA,
If i was gonna get all deep and meaningful about it, Hands down my favourite part of snowboarding is progression and pushing my limits. Im still pretty amateur, but just watching some of your vids on youtube has made me a better rider. I know they’d open a whole world of possibilities for my progression if I won and keep me looking badass haha.

cheers for the comp,

Ps
just in case i win this, shoutout to my brother Janusz. NZ 2012 man

and props to the chick below me \/\/ that video… LOL

I NEED the snowboard addiction package because

a) I’m very addicted to snowboarding. Some may say obsessed. I think about it for many hours - every, single day & do my utmost to make the most of my time on snow when I get it. I live cheaply all year round, don’t waste money eating fancy food or partying, all with the goal of getting more time on snow to indulge my addiction. I’m never gonna be a pro, but I don’t care. Snowboarding is one of the most fun things on the whole planet.

b) My snowboarding requires a lot of improvement (e.g. I’m a gumby!) before I’ll be vaguely close to happy with it -  and need all the help I can get - and not just any help, but Snowboard Addiction’s expert help. Here is some evidence!

c) I’m stuck in Australia at the moment, studying, with not much prospect of riding the Southern Hemi season…but am in the midst of lining up to do the Northern Hemi winter in Sweden (my 2nd season). I have goals I’d love to achieve and I know SA can help me. If I won, I’d make you a short video showing me putting Snowboard Addiction’s tips into practice, achieving my goals and charting my progression over the ‘12/‘13 season.

d) The most fun thing about snowboarding, is improving and it is possible to improve every single day that you ride. SA will help to maximise that improvement.

Cheers - good luck with winning this epic prize, everyone!

i wanna get upside down

YEEEEEEEOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW

i have the jump & some other SA DVD, they are sweet

why should i win, well somebody needs to knock shaun white off his perch and these vids will save me millions in coaching fees and set me on the right path to be able to look down on the tomato from position numbero uno. I also promise that when i do reach the lofty heights of snowboarding greatness i will embrase the accompanying hatred, i also will NOT launch a scooter line, i will refrain from wear leopard print pants at any time (other than sexy times with the lady friend) and i most certainly will NOT release an album of pathetic hair swishing love songs, oh wait that was beiber but meh it still applies.
so vote me, trent winner and future ruler of snowboarding

I really believe that the key to progressing in snowboarding is visualization.

Having checked out some of the sample/teaser vids from SA, they are amazing at breaking down each movement and providing the tools needed to visualize and then nail complex tricks. Instead of saying to yourself how the hell do I even attempt that!! They walk you through step by step so that you can build up to pulling of some epic moves with confidence, knowing if it didn’t work, why and what to do about it. 

We all know how much you progress just by riding with better boarders and feeding of their experience. These vids offer the opportunity to spend time learning off-the slopes from experts, so you can maximize your time on-snow and progress faster and with more confidence. 

Given a choice between endless trial and error and copy-catting, or a structured learning system, it’s a no-brainer!!

I consider myself a beginner still, and I’d totally love to win this pack to progress my riding in the coming season…

Bring on SoHe season 2012!!!  shaka

This set would just simply complete me. All I wish to do this year is ride and I aiming at really elevating my riding this year . There is no doubt in my mind that the SA program will help me achieve that goal. After the Australian season is all wrapped up I’m off to ride around the world and with this package in my possession there’s not a chance I wouldn’t be killing it.

I really need this pack because i only have snowboarded 6 days this winter,and it kills me,i joined the army and serves in the north,i live betwen amazing mountains,and i see them every day and can`t go for a ride,can you think of anything worse for a snowboarder?
And in the army,you don`t make much money,so don`t have money for the parks,..
So i really need som inspiration for the next season,I can`t wait for it,so plase give me this pack,so I can make it the last months up here and are ready to give next season all i got..