The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Collecting Skateboards

This is an interesting sub culture. Skateboard collecting for rare old boards and I really like graphics. Does any one on board world have a collection as I know some cost a big penny!

I don’t have rare old gems, but collect some decks. Don’t have the money so much now but was collecting a few limited editions and other boards.
If I can find some pics will try and post them. Other than that I have the disposables books that have some of the older decks in them. Worth having if you are keen into looking at getting some decks. Or just want to check and drool.

I wouldn’t go as far as saying I ‘collect’ them, but I have a few in my room. Currently have a pintail longboard, freebord, bowl/cruiser, my normal/street setup, and a limited edition zero deck that just hangs on my wall. I can post a pic of them all when I get home if you like.

Hells yeah! Post em up boys.

I want to get my hands on some old boards. Might collect some Baker skateboards as my surname is Baker. I love the Cheech and Chong Penny board or the mushroom.

Koper - 11 October 2012 09:17 PM

, and a limited edition zero deck that just hangs on my wall.

Now this might sound like a bit of boasting, but I have a very one off Zero deck which I am so stoked to have. Thanks to the boys at Black Box OZ for the hook up once again. I have one of Jamie Thomas own decks signed especailly for me.

We have a good collection of Natas boards, limited edition re issues, signed as well as other SMA decks.

Also have a board with art by Ghost Patrol shaka

The only old deck I have left is a 1990 Planet Earth Chris Miller like the one pictured below, with Tracker Ultralite trucks (Zytel Nylon baseplates - like BMX Tuff Wheels!) and Vision Hurricane wheels.

Love the shape of them old boards. I might setup a cruiser to slash around on in the future.

Old school decks are awesome to shred around on. The tails hold you in so well.

Well, this is what I’ve got going at the moment. grin

Thinking of getting another longboard.. rolleyes Can’t wait for some decent weather, I was about to go for a skate this afternoon as well, then it started raining.. downer

Freebord! They are such a weird feeling to ride. Looks like some serious fun right there on that wall.

Nice looking quiver Koper.