The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Dropping in trouble

im trying to learn to drop in and when i try it, it like i can do the drop in part but when i try to roll away i fall off and i do a knee slide (i have knee pads). im trying it on about 3-5 ft ramp its hard to tell at the skatepark. Im leaning forward so im not falling back anymore and i’ve tried atleast 20 times total. I’ve almost got it a few times but i just fall off or im bailing but im not trying to bail.

Approach the drop in with 100% commitment.. nothing less no matter what the outcome is. I personally think that is 99% of it.. at least it was for me. and bend your knees. And maybe a helmet for extra confidence :D

Hey A Packaged Leaf welcome to Boardworld.
I have to agree with with Jacobees about the commitment side of it, you definitely need to commit 100% otherwise you won’t succeed. It sounds like you are leaning over the board too much. So bending your knees will give you a lower centre of gravity which in turn will help your balance. You are then less likely to over balance and come off the board.
Hope this helps and let us know how you go.