The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

NEXT TRICK YOU WANT TO LEARN

As the title suggest what are the next trick/tricks that you would like to learn. Whether it is something you have been trying for a while or just started, let us know. Also keep us up to the date on the progress.

I will get things rollin’.

Switch F/S big spin. Tried them years ago and then forgot about them, Then was mucking around the park and thought I should try and get these now.

Fakie full cabs. Have been able to stomp them before but need to get these on lock cause they are such a good trick.

still landing my backfoot on the board when trying kickflips, just keep flicking my foot down rather than out, still cant land….

Right now, I’m trying to primo flip from a ts primo stance. I can primo flip from a hs primo stance but I can’t get to that position in the first place so I’m trying to learn that too.

Also trying to learn the shuvit too.

jamesskates - 04 August 2012 10:29 PM

still landing my backfoot on the board when trying kickflips, just keep flicking my foot down rather than out, still cant land….

Same with me, except that I can’t land with any of my feet.

Mandy, are you trying to learn anything else besides the kickflip at the moment?

xnonymous - 05 August 2012 12:43 AM

Right now, I’m trying to primo flip from a ts primo stance. I can primo flip from a hs primo stance but I can’t get to that position in the first place so I’m trying to learn that too.

Also trying to learn the shuvit too.

Primo flips can be death that is for sure. Shuvit or pop shuvits?

What do you mean by ‘death’?

Shuvit at the moment, I don’t think my ollie’s getting enough air for the pop shuvit.

Just that if your ankles are dodgy like mine you are bound to be doing some serious rolling smashing.

Yeah cool. Have fun learning them. Let us know you end up with going with them.

Yeah, I’ve smashed my shins, ankles and feet so many times practising the primo.

Thanks, will do.

My nollies are shiite! I really want to work on them to start doing nollie tricks or nollie into grinds/slides. When I first started skating (10+ yrs ago) my nollie were as good or better than my ollies. Was my fav thing to do. Now they just dont work. Fakie ollie based tricks, no prob. just cant make my nollies work.

So that is what I want to get going good next.

Nollies can be such a punish. I had a mate of mine back in the day whose nollies were ridiculous. He could pop over the highway cones no probs. Kinda like the pop Cairo Foster and that have.

I found with my nollies as lame as they are, that if I have my front foot the same angle as I do for a kickflip with the ball of my foot smack bang in the middle of the nose it helped heaps. Means when I pop it also helps me push the board forward which is needed to keep it under you. I hope that might steer you in the right direction K2.

Cheers bro.

Yeh my foot is already in that position. Same when I do a fakie ollie, my foot changes from ollie position, to more of an angle and over the tail.

My main prob is keeping the board under me as you say. I try to push it a bit forward to keep it under me, but then my pop and rear foot drag suffer heaps. If i dont do it, I get plenty of pop but I end up ahead of my board. Gonna have to practice heaps holding onto a fence/handrail stationary to train my feet into the right movements.

My mates can ollie better than they can ollie really. its wack. Actually they can do nollie flips, heels, tres, etc easier than they can do normal (which they do well anyway). I just tell them to F off when they land every trick haha

On a positive note though, Kick flips finally clicked for me on Sunday! My mate gave me just a lil tip on my rear foot placement and BAM I landed multiples in a row. Poppy and flicked up high into my back foot for the catch. Was so stoked.

Nice work on the kickies K2. It is funny how many people don’t realise how much of a role the back foot plays in kickies. It is just like an ollie but your front foot is changing things up a bit.

Yeh, I was landing with both feet off the heel side of the board all the time, never catching properly. He got me to angle my rear foot more and move it more toeside a bit, and it jsut worked.
Funny part is I asked him why he hadnt told me this earlier. His response was “I was waiting to see how long it took you to work it out yourself as a bit of a joke” Bastard! I said “You waited 6 months of me almost geting them!” rage LOL

It is funny how moving your foot toe side actually helps with kickies yet most people will naturally move more to the heel side. Helps when you learn it by yourself but great when people see that you need that nudge and give it to you. 6 months though ha ha. When I first started doing kickflips I was landing them as a sex change so funny.