The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Fractured Vertebrae

ozgirl - 24 July 2012 02:26 AM
nthnbeachesguy - 24 July 2012 01:21 AM

Picked up a months membership to anytime fitness for $19 on the net a

Was this a daily deal thing? Can I still get it?

It was on Scoopon last week, didn’t think to add it to the deals thread on here as it wasn’t directly related to snowsports, sorry bout that!!!!!

Damn!

I would have loved that :-(

There is one on Vic road just near me - may try the 2 weeks free.

Have you heard how much regular membership is?

I really want to run but winter puts me off! Sadly a treadmill may help me with that!

I got back on snow this weekend just gone, although it was super cruisy I was pretty stoked.  No issues out the back of it, my back was a little stiff this morning but not a major drama.  Got another big week of gym and stretching ahead of me as well as a mammoth week of work but have another snow trip planned this coming week with a couple of mates which I’m really looking forward to.  I would say just over 6 weeks since I injured myself that I’m back to about 70% of full functionality in terms of what I’m comfortable doing.

There is still some residual pain but not really that noticeable, the physio’s stretching and strengthening plan really helps.  Most mornings I wake up and it’s fairly stiff but by the time I have done the 15mins or so of exercises it feels a lot better, just need to keep maintaining the discipline and hopefully will return to full fitness sooner rather than later.

Sounds like you are recovering well nthn! I guess by the sounds of it, once you warm up you are ok to go.

Just keep taking it easy shaka

One thing I forgot to mention is the POC back protector I bought, wore it both days and it worked well.  Pulling it out of the back of the car in the morning it was like a rock but after 5mins of wearing it the protective rubber part had moulded to my back thanks to my body heat.  Taking it off after riding it was almost floppy from the heat.  Thankfully I never really got to check out it’s impact absorbing capability but just sitting back on the chairlift it was reassuringly padded and firm.  Most of the time I forgot I was wearing it, actually very comfortable.

nthnbeachesguy - 30 July 2012 03:18 AM

One thing I forgot to mention is the POC back protector I bought, wore it both days and it worked well.  Pulling it out of the back of the car in the morning it was like a rock but after 5mins of wearing it the protective rubber part had moulded to my back thanks to my body heat.  Taking it off after riding it was almost floppy from the heat.  Thankfully I never really got to check out it’s impact absorbing capability but just sitting back on the chairlift it was reassuringly padded and firm.  Most of the time I forgot I was wearing it, actually very comfortable.

which one did you end up getting, the lobster shell thing or the soft vest?

The vest, there’s a pic of it in the recent purchases thread.  It doesn’t have any hard plastic shell but to be quite honest I don’t know if that would be any better than what I have now.  The vest also helps to keep it in place quite well to the point you forget you’re wearing it, dunno how the lobster with the braces style arrangement would go in that dept

I had a look through about 5 pages of that thread and couldn’t find it.  Where did you get it?  I’ve had a look online for those and have had trouble finding them.  I must admit I freaked out a bit when I saw the damage you did to yourself and I have been considering one of these.

Mud, the back protector probably wouldn’t have provided any value in regards to the injury I suffered but in terms of a lot of other instances it definitely could prevent injury.  It would have helped me last year in NZ for sure when a mate hit me in the back and separated my ribs from my spine.

Mudhoney - 30 July 2012 03:50 AM

I had a look through about 5 pages of that thread and couldn’t find it.  Where did you get it?  I’ve had a look online for those and have had trouble finding them.  I must admit I freaked out a bit when I saw the damage you did to yourself and I have been considering one of these.

Think this is it

nthnbeachesguy - 18 July 2012 09:53 PM

Through out my boredom whilst not being able to do anything I have bought the following

POC back protector vest
Photobucket

cheers, oz.

i have the non vest version and like nthn said you can barely notice that you are even wearing it.