The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Help me fitness peeps, im becoming a fat C…........

Ahoy everyone,
wondering if one of you fitness type peeps will be willing to help me out and “design’ a fitness routine that i can do as over the last year and a bit ive noticed a definate increase in my girth.
First ill give you a bit of background as to why I think its happening
I moved a fair distance away from my work about 1.5 years ago. The distance i now have to travel takes about 1.5hrs on the train and to make my 8:00 start time im getting up at 5:20 and leaving my house for the train station (another 20 mins away) at 5:50 AM. Yes AM, up until i moved i only knew that time position from when id stay out all night drinking!
Anyhow, i finish work (i work as a graphic designer so 90% of my time is spent at a desk) at 4:30pm and by the time i catch my trains and drive to my house its around 6:30-7:00pm.
When i do get home, ive got such a bad case of cant be bothereds that i just sit there, eat dinner and then head off to bed at around 9:30-10.
Before i moved i used to go for a skate after work for an hour or so, or ride an excercise bike if the weather was shitty but now im finding my relaxation time is at such a premium i dont have the time or motivation to do something, and my guts are starting to show it and my fitness levels have decrease which I dont want to affect my snowboarding time.
So what id love is to get some ideas from you guys as to a fitness routine i can do at home that will take about 30-45 minuts and will help with the waist line and also help pick up my fitness levels. I have an excercise bike, a pretty crappy rowing machine and some 5kg handweights of my wifes. I find that once i start something my motivation for it becomes positive and i stick it out. Im just in a bit of a lazy spot and need some help before it gets too far gone

yours in chubness
trent

Hey mate, when I have a bit of time. I’ll put together a program for you over the next week. How many times a week are you willing to commit to the program at 30-45min?

When you’ve got time - your on holidays you slacker wink

But hey I could do with something similar!!

I really need to learn how to run - would love to do the couch to 5k program but not willing to get an apple product for it!!

Radical thanks dude, i reckon id do it daily to every 2nd day

ozgirl - 11 July 2012 06:36 AM

I really need to learn how to run - would love to do the couch to 5k program but not willing to get an apple product for it!!

can download the program of how far to run etc from the internets.

K2’s Personal Program (I think it goes somethin like this)

Day 1 - Get on the piss
Day 2 - Go boardin back country and then get on the piss
Day 3 - Go boardin, get on the piss, and then go walk about wherever ya legs take ya
Day 4 - Give boardin a break and just get on the piss
Day 5 - Go and climb a cliff so ya can canoe down a waterfall in the middle of nowhere
Day 6 - Get on the piss
Day 7 - “rest day”, Get on the piss and don’t turn up till Day 1 to start all over again

* Oh, and if ya hurt yaself doin any of the activities on either Days 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7, just revert back to Day 1 and get on the piss

Actually I started work on Monday thank you very mucy!  mad

Plus in my spare time Im trying to get a design in by Friday for the comp. My photoshop knowledge since last time seems to have left my brain teacherboy and im in struggle town to get it to do what I want rage

Mizu Kuma - 11 July 2012 06:53 AM

K2’s Personal Program (I think it goes somethin like this)

Day 1 - Get on the piss
Day 2 - Go boardin back country and then get on the piss
Day 3 - Go boardin, get on the piss, and then go walk about wherever ya legs take ya
Day 4 - Give boardin a break and just get on the piss
Day 5 - Go and climb a cliff so ya can canoe down a waterfall in the middle of nowhere
Day 6 - Get on the piss
Day 7 - “rest day”, Get on the piss and don’t turn up till Day 1 to start all over again

* Oh, and if ya hurt yaself doin any of the activities on either Days 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7, just revert back to Day 1 and get on the piss

bahahahaha best thing I’ve seen all day! LOL

cords - 11 July 2012 06:48 AM

can download the program of how far to run etc from the internets.

Really from where? I tried couchto5k.com and all you could do was download the itunes app.

2nd response on google:

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

got it all there…just print it out and you’re good to go. gotta run somewhere where you have a vague idea of the distance though, so you can stick to the limits. I’d sort of really like to do it…I’ve gotten half keen before but I just hate running! (unless it is part of a ball game! I can do many more kms in a game of something than if you just told me to go run as far as I could).

Man, you really don’t need to go hard. Diet is the biggest thing, get rid of high fat and starchy foods (rice, potato, pasta etc). Eat things with more protein (beans, cous cous, powdered milk.

Then you really only need to do 3 or 4 days of exercise a week. I would suggest going to the gym and signing up for some night classes that do chi and movement based conditioning. They’re fun, feel good and you met some cool people.

I currently do two classes a week, one works on core strength and the other is an RPM class - for 1 hour you’re basically pushing your body as hard as you can.

Well if all you drink is beer and don’t eat you’ll be fine. See beer is pretty much liquid bread. Think of it as having an alcoholic bread based up and go. smirk

get an indo board with the flow cushion and do that for 10 mins while you watch tv. too easy

Crossfit

/thread
Was in the same position as you basically.

Before i moved to Melbourne i was on the tools, plus going gym and beach/surfing most weekends.
Come to Melbs and im sitting at a desk for 10 hours a day, not to mention eating shit foods. Hit me when i went home for a mates gf bday party and i saw the photos of my gut starting to show through my shirt and my face looked swollen. Not to mention me brother laughed at me when i took my shirt off.

Started back up at the gym (had been lifting weights for 6 years prior to moving) and saw these ppl going mental upstairs, doing crazy exercises and lots of reps.
Found out it was crossfit, did a bit of research and then checked it out because the first 2 sessions were free.

Havent looked back since, i still weigh the same as i did when i was fat its just all muscle now haha. Waist has dropped dramatically, fitness is through the roof. Fitter than i ever was when i played 1st grade footy.

Yeh, deano definately dont look like his avatar anymore LOL

I rekon crossfit is great, as are other options listed above, but from what trent has said, he wants something that he can do from home due to his time restrictions

i do alot of crossfit from home aswell, just go a few times to get an idea, then you download the workouts from various sources (or make your own up as we often do) and your good to go.

Most workouts only require a skipping rope, medicine ball, olympic bar and plates.
But alot can be done simply with bodyweight.

P.S. The Crossfit games are on from tomorrow. If your interested in seeing the fittest people on earth, check it out;

http://games.crossfit.com/live-stream

EDIT - BAM! An aussie, Chad Mackay, has won the first event at the CF Games.

Was a 700m ocean swim (with fins), 8k single speed cycle over sand/rocks and an 11k run up a mountain range to the Camp Pendleton Marine base.

Like…a…boss