The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

tips on maintaining physical fitness during a season.

where do I get me one of those bad boys?

got mine from rebel sport

The link I posted on the first page!

I got mine off a trainer at a gym down the road for $20.

You can also use a bit of PVC pipe if you want.

ah yes! Sorry, Tobi…I just watched the youtube link and forgot about the other link. Seems a bit more expensive than I thought, and maybe a piece of PVC pipe might hurt a bit? I’ll have a look at Rebel next time I’m in some massive stupid westfield thingy.

Yeah they aren’t cheap however they are a good quality roller which will last you ages, some others get ‘weaker’ the more you use them and aren’t as effective after a while.

I’ve got a half length one which is fine (and only $30 from that link).

Just had a look on the rebel website and they are $70 there (for the full length one).

PVC pipe will hurt more yes but it’s cheap!

haha yeah can probably wrap the pipe on something…a half length one might be ok. We’re going overseas in november so depending how big they are, I might leave it til I’m in Sweden…not sure if I can be arsed packing one in my stuff to take over there…

Just looks a bit more interesting & fun than stretching but will still help my stupid tight muscles.

Do you go to the gym at all? My gym has them & I know another gym down the road has them also so if you are a regular gym goer maybe check to see if they have them (or suggest they get some!).

The full length ones are generally 80cm - 1m long and the half ones are about 45cm.

pretty allergic to gyms, (not quite anaphylactic but not too far off) so that option is out, I’m afraid.

Haha fair enough.

Physios generally sell them also however I’d suggest they’d probably be cheaper online.

mine was about $50, which in the long run is nothing. The benefits far outweigh the cost of it, has provided me with months of relief.