The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Trick tips

Aidy - 18 July 2012 05:51 AM

That vid is actually an even cooler trick than the one i’m talking about.  I guess mine would be fs 3 shift rather than fs 3 shifty shifty…....well now i know what i’m gonna be trying with my next front 3…
p.s. for the oldies (rider i know this includes you!)  check out christophe webber’s section in lame he does a few different single shify spins…they’re dope.

p.p.s. yeah robot food!

LOL footage plz!

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 18 July 2012 12:14 AM

This is what he is talkking about:

that looks sweet!
i think a bit tricky for my current ability though

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 18 July 2012 06:00 AM
Aidy - 18 July 2012 05:51 AM

That vid is actually an even cooler trick than the one i’m talking about.  I guess mine would be fs 3 shift rather than fs 3 shifty shifty…....well now i know what i’m gonna be trying with my next front 3…
p.s. for the oldies (rider i know this includes you!)  check out christophe webber’s section in lame he does a few different single shify spins…they’re dope.

p.p.s. yeah robot food!

LOL footage plz!

Ha Ha, i’ll do my best K2 although i might be sharing jordan’s comment above…

I personally think shiftys look best with bs spins. I never do my back ones without the shifty anymore, it’s a habit now.

SamNZ - 19 July 2012 09:35 AM

I personally think shiftys look best with bs spins. I never do my back ones without the shifty anymore, it’s a habit now.

David Benedek kinda immortalised that trick…...

Hey Aidy…Perisher instructor…your last name doesn’t start with the letter M does it???

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 18 July 2012 12:14 AM

This is what he is talkking about:

3 things:

1. Shifty or shifty-shifty spins look sick!

2. ahhh Jakob Wilhelmsson. So much love for this guy!

3. Robot Food ftw! (and more recently, actionhorse films for Pony Tale!)

jedijunglesnow - 25 July 2012 02:31 AM

Hey Aidy…Perisher instructor…your last name doesn’t start with the letter M does it???

No it doesn’t but i’m intriqued to meet somebody called aidy who can do single but not double (yet!) shifties.

Cords in response to your response (yeah sentence structure!) I’m kinda tempted to submit a poll question about which robot food film is everyones favourite.  Only problem is anybody less than 30 won’t get to vote so it’ll just be the three of us and perhaps mizu and anyhow I was on mushrooms the first time I saw afterlame and it kinda had a special effect on me…....but afterbang is sooooo damn sick and the soundtrack and the extras….....hmmmmm sorry lame.

Afterlame was the first snowboard movie I saw. perhaps that is why I like it so much?

yeah afterlame wasn’t my first, but there is one section in it that just gets me so amped to ride, cos it just looks so damn fun!!! (the park laps section with Jakob, Hampus & I think its Knut Eliassen…Pony tale managed to replicate that feeling (especially the last section in Folgefonna) and that is why I like that movie so much.

I got to see Jakob ride with my own eyes at the tail end of my swedish season in åre a few years ago (he lives in åre)...he was riding for fun in this comp they had which was a few boxes and rails set up in the fast fading remnants of the half pipe. He wasn’t riding very well that day (just shows even the pros don’t always have their mojo!) and funnily enough I’ve actually got video somewhere of him stacking…all his tricks were switch though. I wish I wasn’t such a wuss and would go up and talk to him but I just sorta watched him and tried not to look like a stalker (same as when I saw torstein at snow park last year.) hahaha oh well. His brother Jonas is also a ripper (was one of the first guys to do the Baker road gap) but he lives in a different part of sweden and runs the local park there and owns a sled and goes off into the hills when there is powder to be had. Pretty dreamy!

Hey Cords, I rode a few times with and Jakob and Hampus in Bracke when I was doing laps with Jonas G…...that Hampus Guy threw my glove in the bushes off the T Bar cause I called him a dopey Swede. Plus I found I rode even shitter then usual cause they were ripping and my straight airs just werent straight enough.

yeah I remember you telling me that from sweden. Were you riding the red line or black? I can’t even really lap with bajs jonas because he mostly rides the black park, let alone Hampus and Jakob.

Aidy - 25 July 2012 06:32 AM
jedijunglesnow - 25 July 2012 02:31 AM

No it doesn’t but i’m intriqued to meet somebody called aidy who can do single but not double (yet!) shifties.

Ahh fair enough, I had a mate who was an instructor down there for a fair few seasons in the late 90s named Aidy, lost contact with him though - thought it might have been pretty funny if you were him.

cords - 26 July 2012 12:22 AM

yeah I remember you telling me that from sweden. Were you riding the red line or black? I can’t even really lap with bajs jonas because he mostly rides the black park, let alone Hampus and Jakob.

riding both….by riding the black I mean they were hitting everything and I was hitting only the third and fourth jump and the end of the pipe.
It made me hit all 6-7 jumps in the redline though so maybe it a good thing to ride with them. worth it just to see them ripping

that’s sweet crackers, it’d be really interesting to go for a shred with those fellas.  Riding with good people always makes you try more, well so long as they don’t just crush you mercilessly!