The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

360 flip problems

my problem is that whenever i scoop it, the board goes 270 and i catch it upside down with one foot and my shoulders turn frontside. . its really hard to avoid that and if anyone could give me any tips then that would be great!! Also, when i scoop the board, am i supposed to scoop with my foot or my whole leg? I’ve always been confused about that. Anyways, any tips would be awesome. Cheers!

Hey JT, have a look at this clip and see if it helps. Also, if you can film one of yoru 360 flips it will help us more to see how you can improve

I definitely will go out and film some tomorrow. Also thanks for the trick tip, it was extremely helpful for me haha

Ur welcome mate. Just upload it too YouTube or Vimeo and then post it. Look here too see how to pos vids on the forum https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/659/

[youtube]CIjt1hjegJU&feature=plcp[/youtube]

sorry that its not full screen. The sounds a bit off too….

[youtube]CIjt1hjegJU&feature=plcp[/youtube]

sorry that its not full screen. The sounds a bit off too….

also both feet landed on the board

sorry for the double post, im new to this and i didn’t see the edit button….and i dont know how to delete posts haha

you will usually find in skateboarding that the most simple answer really is the correct one. you’ve probalbly heard people tell you to scoop harder hundreds of times, but really that is the only thing you need to do. just throw that back foot literally as hard as you possibly can i am not exaggerating. Good Luck

P.S. what really help me learn them is to try them on a more slick\smooth surface like a garage, basement, or a skatepark with nice ground for instance

Trust me on this when I say, scoop harder, ignore the flick.

And plus you kinda jumped back onto the board :/

Try keeping the board completely under you so you don’t have to jump at it

Yeh everything they have said above is correct. You need to scoop heaps more with ur back foot to get it the full way round. Don’t worry gout ur front foot as much. If u place it right u won’t have to do much with it. As you jump it will naturally do the right movement. How are your variable flips or 360 shuvs?

my varial flips aren’t that consistent, but when i don’t land them, i land them upside down. And my 3 shuvs…i can only catch them with my front foot haha. But i’ll try what you said when i get the chance to skate again

I’d also practice landing tre flips with one foot only

So try doing a tre flip with full rotation and land with only 1 foot.

Don’t worry about varials and 3 shuvs xD I lost varials cause I learned Tre’s and 3 shuvs… Mine slide across the grind xD

So i just got back from skateboarding and i tried catching a tre with one foot which worked out pretty well. i caught a couple upside down with my front foot and i caught a fully rotated one with my front foot also!

Just get the combination and try to catch it, it happens with the time..