The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Backside Flip problems

OK,so i need help with my backside flips I can kickflip 99% of the time and RARELY mess up on kickflips.I have landed backside flips but most of the time when I try them either the board kind of flies out from under me or the board land behind me.Please help. I am 4’11 if that has anything to do with it.EDIT: thanks im landing the consisently but i dont roll away i remember having the same sort of problem when i was trying backside 180’s awhile back any advice?

ive had the same problem you’re probably overthinking it. set your feet up just like a kickflip and mabye give your front foot a little more of an angle if you feel it will help. (think of your self in slow motion doing this exactley how i say it, it helps me alot) as you are rolling and have your feet set up start to do a back 180 without even worrying about the flip at all as your tall taps the ground you and your board should be at about a 45 degree angle, this is when you flick, flick out just like you would an ordinary kickflip all the whille keeping on the back 180. if you flicked fast enough when you are just past the 90 degree mark your board should have made full turn. when you see the grip catch itand let your momentum take you the rest of the way. now throughout this trick it is important to keep your body balanced especaily during landing or else you will slip out. you wont get first try but just keep on going, take breaks andif you get confused or need more help reply back to me ill help you out. good luck

Because you’re shorter than young adult skaters is might be difficult ( younger/smaller kids attempting tre flips are more difficult )

Anyway, for backside flip you need kickflips and back 1’s down. ESPECIALLY back 1’s

Put your backfoot in the same position as a back 1. Front foot in kickflip position.

Do a backside 180 and just flick. Don’t think about the kickflip part. Just do the backside 180 and flick out.

If that isn’t good enough try landing 90 with more pressure on your nose and revert.

move you shoulders 180 while you are kickfliping and put the presure like a varial flip (:

Kind of ‘wind’ your shoulders, then when you’re about to pop, unwind so your body will turn quicker. Hope it helps smile