The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Favourite pro/biggest influence

Hey there guys, I wanted to know everyone’s opinion on who is the person who has influenced you most in skating/your favourite pro and why. for me it would probably be Chris Haslam, because he skates really weird things yet somehow manages to make it look good and flowy.

yeah I’m not super into skating but Chris Haslam is really amazing. His part in Almost Round 3 just completely blew my mind, super creative and super stylish.

Jamie Thomas as he still skates strong and really pushes the boundaries in a few directions.
Gershon Mosely for just skating and not wanting to get caught up in the politics. 360 flip to fakie on a quater in the pouring rain.
Willy Santos for just being a rad skater and awesome guy.

THE BOSS

he’s a king.

my personal favourite at the moment would definitely have to be tyler bledsoe. he is just really chilling and steezy as all hell. he just makes you want to hop on a board and go for roll.

t-love in the house

The King.. Eric Koston!!! The Boss.. Andrew Reynolds.. The Next Generation.. Paul Rodriguez and my friend Shane O’neill.
They are all amazing, ground breaking skaters. Still skating and still killing it!

Kostons fully ‘flared part’ shows he is still pushing boundries and still on ahead of the younger skaters.
Reynolds ‘stay gold’ part blew me away… mid 30’s and still doing amazingly large sets of stairs with ease.
P-rod is amazing and recently had an incredible part released on iTunes.
Shane O’neill… By far the best skater in the world right now… setting new limits every single day.

grin

Just watched Stay Gold yesterday and Reynolds part rocked! He’s got a kid now and you can tell he just wants to have fun skating. He’s already made it in the business and just keeps skating because he want to.

too many really i think M.J. (Marc Johnson) has made a great impression on me. He too is showing that he is ahead of the new gen-pushing tech in a new direction. Tilt mode(not man down, i still haven’t seen it), 411vm profile, hot chocolate, yeah right, Lakai fully flared are what i have seen.

^^^^^ I dig his knits!!!!! sweet clobber!!!!  cool grin

And Welcome to BW adam!!!!!  shaka

i just watched volcolm lets live yesterday and yeah really digging lewis marnell and dusting dollin. Course you cant forget the big man Shane Cross aswell :(

Agreed. R.I.P. Shane

Well I’d have to say Baskwith’s videos on Youtube inspired me smile
Also Rodney Mullen!

Either Andy Schrock or Aaron Kyro, its about tied. I know their not pro status but their both huge inspirations in my skating.