The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Trick Tips With Mitch Faber

Hello everyone.

I’m Mitch Faber and this is my section where you can watch all my trick tip videos.

You can ask any questions and I will help you out with any problems you’re having with a trick.

All the best with your sk8ing and I will see you soon.

Laters.

Mitch faber.

Here are links to all my trick tips…......

Pushing

Ollies

Manuals

Dropping In

Rock To Fakie

50-50 Grind

5-0 Grind

Frontside Smith Grind

Frontside & Backside Boardslides

Noseslides

Frontside Tailslides

Frontside Lipslides

Kickflips

Backside 180s

Ollie Stair Sets

Yeah Mitch! We haven’t had a new skateboarding tip for a while.

hi ive been skating for a few months now and considering how long ive skated, i recon im pretty good. BUT i push mongo most of the time but im still alot better than most of my friends that push front foot forward. should i learn to push normal or is mongo ok??

Definitely learn to push properly. Break that bad mongo habit ASAP.

Welcome to Boardworld, Mobro! smile

yo mobro.
its good to have both ways of pushing because like me i have lots of injuries and sometimes i have to push the other way.
but first learn the correct way and use the correct way first until you get a injury or tired in your legs.

i always change up my pushing when im doing long carving.

laters.

mitch

heey i have problems with my 180 when i try them i always land like 90 degris please help? / with my kickflip i always land al the time half spin or get the full spin but my front lands right beside it and my back on the ather side please help i really want to the kickflip bad or 180

Whenever I try do a kickflip I sometimes kick it straight down to the ground and it barely spins. When I do get a complete spin the board is too far out infront of me to land it.

:(

hi guys.

okay first thing first sk8erboy123 you have to twist very hard with your arms when doing a 180 this gets your whole body around.you have to wind your body up before you release for the 180.

the kickflip is a very hard trick everyone lands like you are in the beginning stages. its to do with fear in committing to the land.
just get on some grass or carpet and practice also holding onto a fence will help as well to build your confidence.

good luck mate.

hi bkm.

the problem your having with your kickflips are controling your feet flick.
you have to make a smooth flick of your toes of the edge of the board not of the nose towards the side.
this will stop it from shooting forward.
just work on controlling your foot work.and spinning the board first.

good luck bro.

mitch faber - 17 August 2011 07:29 AM

hi bkm.

the problem your having with your kickflips are controling your feet flick.
you have to make a smooth flick of your toes of the edge of the board not of the nose towards the side.
this will stop it from shooting forward.
just work on controlling your foot work.and spinning the board first.

good luck bro.

Thanks for the tips smile
I’ve got a question regarding board sizes.
What board size should I get? I plan on mainly skating street and I wear size 11 shoes, is 7.75 a good size?

You’ll find most skaters ride slightly wider boards these days. At least that’s the trend where I’m from, especially for guys with larger feet. I’d probably step up to an 8.0 or 8.25 if I were you. But it’s always a good idea to try different sizes to see what works for your style. Wider will give you more stability and board feel, while a narrower deck is easier/quicker to flip - you just have to find that middle ground.

I think I should try the 7.75 board out just to be sure. I feel that if I went from 7.5 to 8.25 it would be a huge transition. I also asked about wheels on a different thread but I don’t think it’s that active haha

So since this thread is a bit more active, what wheel size would be good? I mainly skate street but I’ll do some park sooner or later. I was thinking of getting 52’s but would that go well with my 7.75 board and trucks? Not too sure about if my trucks are ok though have a look at my post on the “whats your current setup” thread”. https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/675/P15/

Sorry for all these questions haha I’m pretty new to skateboarding and I don’t know much.

Thank you for your help smile

Maybe start a new thread in the Equipment and Products section. Ask all your equipment selection questions in there and I’m sure you will get a good response.

52mm is a fairly standard size for wheels and you shouldn’t have any problems. Do you know if your trucks are low, mid, or high? Anyway, start a new thread and we can all discuss in there. Probably best if we keep this thread for trick tip questions. smile

Sorry smile
Can you please delete my lasts 2 posts? as they are clogging up this thread.
:D
Thanks, I’ll start a new thread smile

All good mate. That’s what Boardworld is here for, no need to apologise. We will leave it here for reference.  cool smile

hey i’m having some trouble landing my kcikflips. I can get the flick n that all good but i can only land one foot (my front foot) because the board lands too far infront for my backfoot to get on the board. pls help :(