The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Snowboarder Mag has folded!

i like then name of the mag replacing them, SHAFT giggidy

hehe - you crack me up!!

You know I find it so hard to find snowboard magazines on the shelf in the local newsagency, this is only gonna make it harder!

I remember when I was younger I got the first issue of some random snowboard magazine, no idea what the name was, but it had a feature on Clint Allan and his brothers when they were also just kids!

I thought all magazines folded?????

^^^ OMG I bet that came right from the book of dad jokes!!!

blizzard_22 - 10 April 2012 08:01 AM

You know I find it so hard to find snowboard magazines on the shelf in the local newsagency, this is only gonna make it harder!

I remember when I was younger I got the first issue of some random snowboard magazine, no idea what the name was, but it had a feature on Clint Allan and his brothers when they were also just kids!

i gave up on trying to find them on shelves.There was one newsagent on the main road in Thirroul next to beaches that had all sorts of snowboarding mags. I was doing some works at the medical centre there and used to go in every smoko and get a different one.

This is comin from someone that prefers the whimsical happenins of Sarah Jessica Parker and her gal pals and their shoppin mishaps, over that of the pure brilliance from people that shaped humour in a direction that nobody has ever done before or since!!!!!  hmmm

I’ll take your comment as a compliment!!!!!  cheese

Yep Deano, that newsagent is sweet! You can find Onboard in there fairly often which is really good.

Glad to see Riptide hasn’t folded, as they are in the Morrison Media stable. I knew it hadn’t though cos I would have heard all about it on facebook if it had!

yeh i used to get it there all the time, but since i live in mexico now i have a subscription.

i hear there is a new thing called the Interwebnet that has forums and reviews, chat, discussion, interaction & moving pictures .........

Thirroul Newsagent is the only place I find AVW on the shelf (Australian Volkswagen). It’s a dangerous place for me - I always buy a few mags when I enter and I don’t buy mags often!

Interesting. Thanks for sharing this, oz.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the US financial situation.

Caboose - 10 April 2012 10:07 PM

i hear there is a new thing called the Interwebnet that has forums and reviews, chat, discussion, interaction & moving pictures .........

That’s just a myth!!!!!

Sorry to see magazine has to be folded up…
I guess to do with culture changes like video rental has shut down due new video rental online….
Be honestly I haven’t buy magazine for very long time, I always check latest on any forums thats free and easy…