The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Snowboarder Mag has folded!

Snowboarder Mag also had a website. There’s some really good magazines out there and they’re doing well as far as I know. Transfer Magazine is really leading the way and honestly, they probably took a big chunk of Snowboarder Mag’s business. You have to keep it fresh and interesting - roll with the punches and all that. Just my opinion.

Yeah, TRANSFER definitely stole a major chunk of the market with their great uncluttered look, that had amazing photography!!!!!

They did it right when some became too complacent!!!!!

silent - 10 April 2012 11:49 PM

Sorry to see magazine has to be folded up…
I guess to do with culture changes like video rental has shut down due new video rental online….
Be honestly I haven’t buy magazine for very long time, I always check latest on any forums thats free and easy…

Yeh i see where your coming from, but to me there is nothing better than sitting down with a magazine on my lounge and reading through it, same reson i will never, ever get one of those kindle contraptions*, i like sitting down and smashing through a book.

I smashed a few on my flights from LA

*i sound like an old person…

Nah, I’m with ya on that one deano!!!!!

I can’t read long groups of text like online mags and books!!!!! I’ll never get an tablet!!!!!

*Oh shit, I am a old person…

yeh i find it hard to keep my place when you read from one line to the next in a massive chuck of text on the computer.

same with Deano and Mizu. I’ve had to do heaps of online article reading for my uni but I’ve been printing them all off to read. I get so sick of reading long articles on a screen.

A fresh new bodyboard/snowboard mag in my mitts is one of the best feelings for me! I don’t get anywhere near the same thrill out of seeing photos online as I do in print.

deanobruce - 11 April 2012 01:47 AM

I guess to do with culture changes like video rental has shut down due new video rental online….
Be honestly I haven’t buy magazine for very long time, I always check latest on any forums thats free and easy…

Yeh i see where your coming from, but to me there is nothing better than sitting down with a magazine on my lounge and reading through it, same reson i will never, ever get one of those kindle contraptions*, i like sitting down and smashing through a book.

Quoting your flight, yeh I do get a or 2 mag on domestic flight. I hate small TV screen# behind flight seat

I find some mag such as fishing, outdoor, etc… sometime repeats and bit boring… IMO

# no subtitle for me

I thought i would be the same with the kindle.

I got one for long trips etc but thought for my favourite authors i would still get their ‘real’ books.

I haven’t read any of my favourite authors in over a year cause i can’t be arsed buying the real book, but refuse to buy the kindle version.

silent - 11 April 2012 02:52 AM
deanobruce - 11 April 2012 01:47 AM

Quoting your flight, yeh I do get a or 2 mag on domestic flight. I hate small TV screen# behind flight seat

I find some mag such as fishing, outdoor, etc… sometime repeats and bit boring… IMO

# no subtitle for me

What about the foreign movies????? I would’ve thought that they had subtitles in this day and age????? Even free to air Digital has it!!!!!!

That would suck on a long haul, as that little screen is the only thing that keeps me from goin into a all out freak attack up and down the isles of the plane!!!!! Hahahhaaaa!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 11 April 2012 03:01 AM

What about the foreign movies????? I would’ve thought that they had subtitles in this day and age????? Even free to air Digital has it!!!!!!

That would suck on a long haul, as that little screen is the only thing that keeps me from goin into a all out freak attack up and down the isles of the plane!!!!! Hahahhaaaa!!!!!

Yeah I know what you mean like SBS unfortunately Domsetic plane don’t channel this kinds foreign, but I believe internation planes should have them.
Haha about freak attack on small screen…. michelle