The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

This sucks!!!!

Here’s a thread where you put down stuff that you got that just really sucked.

2009 Burton AK Hover Mitt
These failed after just two weeks of riding. Bad design…or good from the manufacturers pov. The problem: the fingertips (of the mitt..well the top part where your finger tips are) are not reinforced. It’s just normal fabric like the back of the hands. Mine ripped after 2 weeks from just brushing snow off my bindings (before putting my foot in) in pow conditions.
I had a pair from 2000 and those tips are reinforced, and they lasted 5 full heavy seasons. Boo for the most expensive gloves offered by burton

edit: I just remembered that the primaloft inners suck too. The inner material is soft to the touch…but sticks when wet. So when it’s snowing if you take your glove off and then put it back on with a slightly wet hand..then all the material sticks and bunches up. This SUCKS! Boo

Took a pair of Salomon bindings for a demo while I was over in the states at the start of the year. They were terrible, can’t remember the name of them but they didn’t keep my boots locked in & the clips broke when I tried to do them up.
Felt bad giving them back to the shop but I didn’t ride them super hard. Did a few drops & hit some kickers but they were stuffed after a few runs. Felt sketchy trying to ride them, thought I’d lose the board any second. Stay clear of them

WOW that really does Suck!!

ummm thinking of a crappy product ive had… i dunno tbh..

BUT, i am on the lookout for new gloves now that uve spurred my memory of last season… Any suggestions for new gloves, since u must be buying some very shortly?

Thanks mate smile

Agree with Salomon bindings, you just can’t get em tight enough and they seem to slip when cranking them up.  They were quite high end, had them for two years and always hated them.  Gone back tto Burton…so much better.

I like Burton gear but their gloves get holes in the fingers very easily so have gone with Dakine which seem pretty good.

Tech Nine Bindings… pretty much any that were in shops last year and previous years… they have the worst ratchets of any binding I have ever used (apart from rental SP ones)

Burton Gloves. 2-4 weeks and they start falling apart, >$100 as well :(

Analog outerware. I got the Coffin model jacket and pants. Pants died after 4-5 days on the mountain, jacket is starting to rip after about 20ish. Their warranty covered them and the 2nd lot of pants have been used for 7 days and they are doing ok at the moment but the material is too flimsy for $300 gear.

Meanwhile onto good gloves for Shredder, the Grenade Schitzoid gloves have been said to be really good from the people I have spoken to. I just got a pair from the US for $80 inc shipping. I’ll review once I go riding.

the other gloves that I use are the burton yeti gloves.

they look and feel super cool, but are not worth the price. They’re ‘gore-tex’ but my fingers sweat in them and then the tips freeze.
Right now I have duct tape on my hover mitts and I will see how long I can go like that. Next year’s model looks to be the same…but I’d pick up a pair if I could find them for $50.

Loki mitts are the way to go though. They are awesome. Check out the access mitt here:
http://www.lokiusa.com/features.php

they’re also cheap!