The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Signal Snowboards

Hey everyone,

I just thought I’d open a thread to get some feedback from you guys and girls about the Signal 2010/11 range.  The product range has just been loaded into the products section of Boardworld.  This year is the first time the full range is available in Oz.

What do you think of Signal?  Have you heard of the brand before?  Do you have any questions about any of the boards or the company?

Fire away, I’d love to hear your feedback and answer some questions.

Cheers

Been following Signal for a while now with their funky little RSS icon.

I’ll have admit the Signal Park Rocker, is currently my favourite board at the moment. A super soft board, very aggressive rocker (some will say it’s way to ridiculous) 3 stage, I was converted very quickly.

I don’t know, there was just something about it. I was usually the guy who would love speed, carving and really ripping up the mountain but this board style just sat me back, and made my riding style totally loose. Super slow pop, and pressing was such a sinch, wish I spent more time on it than 2 weeks, because it wasn’t my board!

So, picking up my own 2011 Park Rocker this season.

Looking at the K2 Auto Uprise bindings with the rocker Trav, I know you mentioned the Force’s, but i’ve already got them in that ugly green colour for my normal camber/stiff board. Not 100% sure, I guess I want some gimmick feature as I plan to spend this and next season riding.

Is it true I’ll get free Signal Coffee with new board?

Hey Tayles,

Nice one the K2 auto’s would be a pretty good choice.  I prefer Ride bindings over K2, I just find them stronger and more durable.  Also the auto strap is a bit gimmicky.  I much prefer being able to crank both straps individually to lock me onto my board.  But each to their own.

As for the Signal Coffee… I’m still trying to get my hands on some!  Hopefully by next season we’ll be able to get some out here wink

picked up an 10 Signal Park rocker. have always wanted an extremely rockered and flexed board to play around with.

Nice one zhenjie.  Where did you get it from?

found it 2nd hand from Gumtree but seller said it was purchased from some Melbourne snowboard shop. I hear good things about it. Can’t wait to take it out.

Nice one. Thats funny because no snowboard stores had the rocker last year.  Anywhoo, enjoy

Trav, are you doing any demo days this season? I would really like to try the Omni Wavelength and the Park Rocker.

yeah, I never knew signal was even selling in Aust until your post. Actually, was it Trigger Bros that had some in stock a few years ago? I better check what year model I got.

Trav, which melbourne stores are stocking the latest Signal Park rockers? Just realized mine is 09. If I enjoy the ride will look at getting the new one.

The Park Rocker’s will be available at “RPS -  The Boardstore” and “Melbourne Snowboard Centre” for 2010.

http://www.melbournesnowboard.com.au

http://www.rsptheboardstore.com

Taken from Trav’s blog.

Thanks for replying to that one Tayles. 

Yeah Trigger brothers used to stock Signal but haven’t had any for a couple of years since all the overhauled shapes came out (they used to be super stiff!).

As far as demo days.. I’ll hopefully be doing the RPS demo days at Baw Baw.  But unfortunately I cannot do the others as you need 20 store accounts to participate.  I’m looking at doing some of my own during the season though.

PS- Just to update everyone.  The Park Rockers have been delayed in production and are due in a couple of weeks.  Everything else will be in store by this weekend if all goes to plan.

Trav

Hey Zhenjie,

Yeah the 09 Rocker is fun I rode that last season and loved it.  It is so soft and pressable!  Maybe a little too soft. haha

The difference in the 10/11 Park rocker is that it has triaxial glass on the top, so it is not as crazy soft as it was (better on jumps now), and also has a sintered base (thank god!!), so there is no slowing up come spring riding.  smile

Just updated the blog, check it out…..

http://www.ambur.com.au/page/blog.html

Omni looks great, good luck with it all T rav. Great blog also.