The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Post Your Skate Spots/Parks

Holy crap man that is too good to be true, I’m moving to where you live.

BKM - 28 November 2011 03:10 AM

Holy crap man that is too good to be true, I’m moving to where you live.

mate i wish i lived there, sadly its an hour an a half drive from mine, was just visiting a mate who goes to wollongong uni for the week

The hour drive would be worth it to skate there every weekend smile

Here is some dodgy photos of my park.

Didn’t get all of it, it was too dark but if you compare it to the old image I found you will see a big difference!

/

that spot looks sick man, im a fan of good street spots

Yeah man, I love street too smile

Was out shopping today and remembered there was an old school snake run I skated as a kid once in Bulleen. Was nearby so stopped to check it out again.

I swear this thing is older than me. Definately one of the first skate parks in Melbourne.

Long L shaped snake run with a very mellow dish at the top with a drain style bowl at the bottom. I reckon a lot of skin was left on this through out its years. I had a roll for a while and ended up eating it on the hip and leavin some skin of my own LOL

By k2_scs at 2011-12-22

By k2_scs at 2011-12-22

By k2_scs at 2011-12-22

By k2_scs at 2011-12-22

Haha that is rad! shaka

That is awesome. Nice photos, K2.

Cheers mate:)

Today did another step back in time. Doing the last bit of shopping at Knox, so headed down the the historic Knox Bowls.

There is a lot of history in this place. Another of the original parks of Melbs and prob Australia. Many international pros visited this park in teh 80s. I remember seeing a photo of Tony Hawk transfering from the Bowl to the Snake run (or maybe vice versa).

This is also the place where I learnt to skate (the first time) 10 yrs ago. It is said if you can skate Knox Bowls, you can skate anything. It has had the surface re done a bit recently and i think bout 5 yrs ago they added the spine ramp.

Consists of two 8ft bowls, which have the most un even and weirdest shape trannys you could find. Got hip in one also and a spine joining them.
A Snake run with a small dish bowl attached via a “spine"roll over.
I used to kill this little bowl. But today it just seemed weird rolling around the joint and couldnt get a feel for it.
Here are the pics I took:

By k2_scs at 2011-12-22

By k2_scs at 2011-12-22

By k2_scs at 2011-12-22

By k2_scs at 2011-12-22

By k2_scs at 2011-12-22

By k2_scs at 2011-12-22

By k2_scs at 2011-12-22

By k2_scs at 2011-12-22

By k2_scs at 2011-12-22

Its really a historic icon for the area. A few yrs ago the concil was gonna rip it down when they built the new Knox Park (my local), but after a massive petition and rallys they kept it!

I hate where I live :(
only 3 parks

Be stoked you have that mate wink or move to Melbourne LOL

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 23 December 2011 03:05 AM

Its really a historic icon for the area. A few yrs ago the concil was gonna rip it down when they built the new Knox Park (my local), but after a massive petition and rallys they kept it!

That spine setup is the best to skate, they used to have a wooden one at ‘The Shed’ (before the new renovations) so much fun to skate, could never do much apart from 50-50 and rock to fakie on it, but still awesome.

Yeh that spine at The old Shed was my favourite ramp to skate. This one is ok. Bit too slippery

A few weeks ago I was trying to go for a skate, but being school hols everywhere was packed. Went to Lilydale Bowls as teh 3rd park I had tried for the day and to my suprise it was deserted.

Had some fun skating the bowl (one of the big ones was full of shit). The little fig 8 dish looked un ridable cos it was just so small but was suprisingly fun to mess round in.
The quater was tight, and the banks ok. Manny pad was way too short and a too low. Ledge was average. Didnt skate the flat bar.
But I still had a fun sesh. Mostly in the bowl.

Only downer was it is known for being a dero hang out so I spent the first 20mins clearing glass to make it semi ridable. Im gonna keep a broom in the car from now on.

Pis:

By k2_scs at 2012-01-30

By k2_scs at 2012-01-30

By k2_scs at 2012-01-30

By k2_scs at 2012-01-30