The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Post Your Skate Spots/Parks

yeah melbs is freakin sweet to skate , and best of all 80% of the parks are reachable by public transport, and only need 1 ticket to hit up multiple parks a day. Would say best skating in the country just because of variety and accessibility.

still something lovely to roll during winter, just be carefull after 5, dew sets in and thing becomes an ice rink.

I have always wanted to skate the ramp at Falls Creek!! But either had snow on it or I wasnt skating at the time.

Im probably gonna head up there for the weekend in the next few months for a skate and some fishing. Apparently its the best mini to skate in Aus

lovestospooge, are you a Melbourne based skater/boarder?

quick sweep and its good to go

yeah from melbs just moved over to canada tho, no skating vert till next season, found a freakin sweet indoor mini in kelowna tho.

only get about 3 months of the year to skate melbs.

2 weeks ago I felt like a change of parks, so met up with an old work collegue and we hit up Boxhill Skate Park. I had driven past a few times and knew it was a 5star rated park so was keen to skate it.

When I got there first thing I noticed was how big the features were. Not all, but all the banks were super big and steep (not unridable steep), the funbox was steep with a massive pyramid ledge on it (looks like bmx designed feature), 2 open bowls (spine joining them) and a big 8 bowl.

Found the bigness of the banks great for getting speed to fly into the bowls and just cut lap after lap of them with just pumping.

The quaters were good for fly-outs cos of the size and the speed you get from the banks.

There was a variety of ledges, rails (curved, flat, down) and drops.

All in all a great park, but prob too big for me to full skate to its potential

Here are some snaps smile

Anything can be a “spot” we just skated on Chapel St and the side street after having our lunch on saturday. Was a fun 5mins before the cafe owner came out and told us to leave. Here are some photos

By k2_scs at 2012-02-19

By k2_scs at 2012-02-19

By k2_scs at 2012-02-19

By k2_scs at 2012-02-19

Skated Berwick Friday. Was windy as hell, but had a fun skate anyway.

Super fun park.

lookin good!

Its in the perfect location. Right near a servo, train station, mcdonalds and hospital LOL

Great stuff, K2!

Berwick is mad fun, I got your message but I was at soundwave, would have definitely come down otherwise. That mid section with the box and rail is so good. Box Hill is sick as well, want to try and get down there again soon.

Yeh no worries mate. How was soundwave?

Soundwave was sick! So many bands, so little time.. Got pretty lucky with the weather as well.

Here are some pictures I took from Geelong Waterfront Plaza.
Seriously this place is amazing! Ledges for days. Banks. Gaps. Stairs. Wall rides. A BASKETBALL HOOP! Epic plaza with lines for days. Caint wait to go back

By k2_scs at 2012-03-27

By k2_scs at 2012-03-27

By k2_scs at 2012-03-27

This is for you Jez!

By k2_scs at 2012-03-27

By k2_scs at 2012-03-27

By k2_scs at 2012-03-27

By k2_scs at 2012-03-27

By k2_scs at 2012-03-27

Oh my god. Why do I look at these Melbourne threads? I’m just torturing myself.
IT’S NOT FAIR DAMMIT rage

F#$k that Geelong Plaza is sick, never even knew it existed lol.. Gonna have to get down there some day for sure!