The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Monthly Member Prizes - 2010

Butters - 06 June 2010 08:14 AM

Well I’ll nominate myself.
Might as well!

haha

Hey guys, I should have mentioned, if you are nominating yourself or another member, please specify which category you are nominating for. Feel free to nominate a member for more than one category.

Reply reply reply. Me likee Boardworld.

rider26 - most willing to give away free stuff category!

me - most willing to receive free stuff category!

I’m nominating myself for the driest and most sarcastic remarks prize

Snowboarding For Beginners

The first thing you need to do is figure out which foot will be your lead foot. It is common that people who are right handed will lead with their left foot or the other way around. Of course this does not always apply to everyone. If you are not quite sure which one you should lead with then you should just do what is comfortable for you.

Once you have figured it out place your lead foot into the front binding and fasten it tightly in. If you are using the step in type of board then you want to make sure that it fits in perfectly and tightly. Once the lead foot is secure place your other foot in the right position. Try to get a feel for the board by bouncing around and moving a little. Try not to fall over!

Obviously you should have someone with you who knows what they are doing so that if anything happens to you or you need any help then can assist you. Have them make sure that you put your board on right and let them lead you to the proper ski lift. Remember to get on and off the ski lift with your snowboard.

Once you have left the chairlift you will not start to go very fast down the mountain. You will be starting off on a small hill where you will be able to turn and board your way to a much larger hill. These small hills are called bunny hills or practice hills. Go to the edge of this hill. Sit down and make sure that your board is perpendicular to the hill and place your foot in the binding. Make sure that the binding is secure. You shouldn’t be able to move your foot around.

Stand up and then apply pressure to your lead foot - the one in front - and bend your knees and keep your back straight. You need to feel well balanced. When you apply pressure make sure that you and not leaning your body. Just pressing your feet firmly to the ground. Now you are ready to take off. Just remember that you are a beginner and you are going to fall down a few times before you get it right.

helpful hints to those beginner snowboarders.enjoy

actually I will nominate myself for every category.

Brandy - 07 June 2010 08:16 AM

rider26 - most willing to give away free stuff category!

Hahaha good one tongue wink

dev69 - 07 June 2010 08:30 AM

The first thing you need to do is figure out which foot will be your lead foot. It is common that people who are right handed will lead with their left foot or the other way around. Of course this does not always apply to everyone. If you are not quite sure which one you should lead with then you should just do what is comfortable for you.

Once you have figured it out place your lead foot into the front binding and fasten it tightly in. If you are using the step in type of board then you want to make sure that it fits in perfectly and tightly. Once the lead foot is secure place your other foot in the right position. Try to get a feel for the board by bouncing around and moving a little. Try not to fall over!

Obviously you should have someone with you who knows what they are doing so that if anything happens to you or you need any help then can assist you. Have them make sure that you put your board on right and let them lead you to the proper ski lift. Remember to get on and off the ski lift with your snowboard.

Once you have left the chairlift you will not start to go very fast down the mountain. You will be starting off on a small hill where you will be able to turn and board your way to a much larger hill. These small hills are called bunny hills or practice hills. Go to the edge of this hill. Sit down and make sure that your board is perpendicular to the hill and place your foot in the binding. Make sure that the binding is secure. You shouldn’t be able to move your foot around.

Stand up and then apply pressure to your lead foot - the one in front - and bend your knees and keep your back straight. You need to feel well balanced. When you apply pressure make sure that you and not leaning your body. Just pressing your feet firmly to the ground. Now you are ready to take off. Just remember that you are a beginner and you are going to fall down a few times before you get it right.

This is totally the wrong thred to post this lol

if you didnt work / own the website rider i would vote for you haha

on here most of the time, posting 5 times more then everybody else lol hard to nominate anyone comparing to you

Thanks mate. Yeah, no prizes for me. That’s all good though… smile

Just joined up as I need more places to post. I was trying to be helpful in a few threads but your epic posts just blew me out of the water… couldn’t compete with that.

Always keen to get some freebees if they are offered.

dev69 - 07 June 2010 08:30 AM

hmm wrong thread?

get yourself 100 posts and BOOM!!!! free t-shirt my man all you need to get started…..  Music Game is a cool thred i hear lol

Also welcome abord tjswish smile