The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

NoHe Season Epic Moments

This one is more for the Northern Hemi folks.

Document your epic ride/ski days, powder glory, blue bird park sesh, road trip story with your buddies, whatever it is share it here.
Photos are recommended.
It’s a little bit of research for my next NoHe season.

Silver Star, BC,  officially 19cm overnight was my best pow day.
I was so stoked to finally get some rooster tails, and posted up on fb about my awesome day only to have Japan buddies rub it in with their record breaking 72cm overnight.
Me hiding in the trees

the hike out

Red Mtn, BC, road tripped for 5 hours, arriving in Rossland it starts to snow, only a few cm on the streets. Within a few short minutes the streets are covered in white (slushy but white) made driving a lot of fun!! The next day was rather wet and heavy pow but still good fun. It continued to snow overnight and got a little colder making the next day amazing!! Blue Bird, freshies everywhere, long lift lines but everyone still had a smile on their face for some reason. I think the total snow was 29cm for that weekend.

The road into Rossland

My buddy after an unintentional front flip

Not me.

The next day

at 3.30pm still fluffy and white

All through March Silver Star was dry, lots of brown patches beginning to show, slushy conditions freezing overnight making morning shreds fun for about 2 laps on the groomers. And then hoping the sun would come out and soften the park up for some afternoon sessions. After closing day April 4, we headed to Big White and rode some of the best Powder the Okanagan had all season. ummm no photos

April 26 on a road trip through US and A we hit Heavenly at Tahoe, for their closing day, finally some good spring riding, after being soaked through and through at Mt. Baker and Mt. Hood. Check the weather forecasts and it looks like snow is on it’s way with 60kph high winds likely to close off lifts. We head to Mammoth and catch another awesome blue bird smashing park all day but not throwing down anything as big as the local boys and girls. The day after the lifts are on wind hold and we head back to Tahoe, rest up and prepare to ride the 10cm overnight snowfall. spend the next 3 days riding Squaw and all three are awesome pow days the last being a blue bird and pretty well tracked by lunch time. so We hit some more park which was closed the previous 2 days. All up it snowed almost 20 inches - not bad for Spring!!
Me in the trees again

Squaw Valley

Sorry if it’s a bit long… yours doesn’t have to be.

Hakuba, Japan

I visited Hakuba in Nagano, Japan, for four weeks with my cousin in 2008. We scored serious powder throughout the trip. Every day was either a blue bird powder day (and I’m talking waist deep) or it was snowing. I would certainly recommend Hakuba, or Japan in general to anyone.

Here are some photos from the shred trip. On days we were literally up to our nipples in powder. There was barely anyone on the mountain and we would get line after line of untouched, fresh, fluffy pow. I have had many epic moments on a snowboard, but this was the most consistent, action-packed, three week powder trip I’ve ever had.

Empty slopes

Hakuba Valley

Untouched

Fresh lines

Trees

Storm after storm…

No roads

My happy shadow

The valley and avalanche barriers

My cousin, waist deep…

Onsen