The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

goggle mod

wouldn’t buy one of these, but the possibilities are interesting.  I always thought it would be nice to be able to get directions in your goggles - could be very handy at a resort you’re not familiar with or in a white-out.

looks like the same mob who did the zeal goggles
http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/01/recon-zeal-transcend-goggles-now-shipping-gps-and-head-mounted/

i just want to know how fast i am really (as opposed to how fast i am actually going) going sometimes but thats just a passing interest lol

I’m not too concerned with speed, but would like to use the maps thing, the find your friends, and navigation.  The nav could be really cool if they did an augmented reality app.

either way….abit too expensive as a toy for me

agree, has to get a lot more useful before i’d consider it.

I actually tested the Recon Zeal Transcend goggles last season in Whistler. The technology was awesome however the frames we huge and bulky. They really need to focus on bringing the size of the frames down. I had huge gaps and it didn’t work well with my helmet either.

That said, it was unreal being able to look into the bottom corner of the goggle and see things like current speed, maximum speed, distance travelled, current temperature etc.

These are the goggles I tested:

did you find they obscured your vision much, Jez?

Not at all. I was quite impressed with how they integrated the technology into the goggle and how it all worked.

When you’re riding normally, you don’t really see any of the digital display. You need to consciously look down into the bottom right corner of the goggle. When you do, the digital display can be seen easily and clearly.

I guess it would be a distraction if you are constantly looking down to check your speed or something. When you’re looking down, yeah, it’s hard to see what’s going on around you.

ok, thanks, good to know!