The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Welcome to Boardworld — Introduce Yourself Here!

Welcome to the Boardworld community, @Jonesy! You’ve come to the right place! Stoked to hear you’ve regained your passion for snowboarding. Looking forward to chatting to you more on the forums. shaka

Welcome, Jonesy!!

Thankyou for your welcomes. And I thought this seemed like a friendly place before I signed up…Now I’m sure it is! Thanks @geniass and @cords for your warm welcomes. And to @rider26 (AKA Jeremy I believe), can I just throw out there it’s great to see your enthusiasm to your website. I have noticed after reading through many of the threads that you seem to be very quick off the mark to welcome any new members. Awesome to see from a customer service (which seems to be a dying art these days) perspective. It seems you are still showing the same enthusiasm to building this community as you would have when you started the site. I’m sure many others in this position with any website (or business) would have tapered off in their efforts by now so big ups to you!!

Yep, Jez is pretty cool grin

Thank you, @Jonesy and @cords. I appreciate the kind words. ?

Jonesy, to be honest, our members made this place what it is. Without them, Boardworld would have never come this far. It was with their support and friendship that I was able to keep it going and growing all those years. This community as a whole is awesome! Welcome aboard! ?

Hi All!

Just signed up and thought this is a good place for my first post grin

Just abit of background, I’m a 34 year old male living in Sydney, married with a 3.5 year old daughter and a son on the way!

I’ve been skiing on and off for about 10 years, never really looked to progress as I was more than happy just cruising the green runs. Then I tried snowboarding this year, and progressed faster in 5 days riding than I have in all my years skiing. Now I’m completely addicted!

My favourite run so far is the Excelerator at Perisher/Blue Cow, and am looking at buying my own gear for the first time ever. Hoping to be able to board well into my 40’s when my kids get to teenage years so we can all shred together! My wife is still a skier, she takes it very easy on green runs and I would always beat her down the mountain on ski’s, but now we can stick together as I try little tricks while riding down with her. Thought I’d hate having to sit down at the top of every run, but it gives me a chance to rest and let’s me ride all day long, whereas I needed at least a couple breaks a day on ski’s. Don’t think I’ll be going back to ski’s any time soon wink

This looks like a great forum and I’ll be hanging around for a while!

-Hyperize

ooooo. My first chance to welcome someone!

Welcome @Hyperize ! I’ve only just joined recently, because like you I stumbled across an awesomely interesting and friendly forum. A place to talk all things snowboarding without boring the crap out of your non-snowboarding friends. Great to hear you’ve packed up the skis and joined the dark side, hopefully see you out there shreding some day. Welcome aboard.

...(Like you, I’m 36 an hoping to be able to shred on well into my late 40’s…hopefully beyond!)

Jonesy - 14 September 2016 05:23 PM

Thanks @Jonesy ! Hoping to also be boarding into my 50’s too smile I’ve been back from Perisher for 2 weeks and all I have been doing in my spare time is researching boards, completely hooked in!

Hyperize - 15 September 2016 09:01 AM
Jonesy - 14 September 2016 05:23 PM

Thanks @Jonesy ! Hoping to also be boarding into my 50’s too smile I’ve been back from Perisher for 2 weeks and all I have been doing in my spare time is researching boards, completely hooked in!

welcome guys. stay fit and you may be this guy…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoSuxL57xRY

@Hyperize Be prepared for a time consuming and sometimes costly addiction. I’ve been constantly looking at and researching new gear for quite a while now.

@brenno I can only hope to be shredding like that in my 60’s- better get started on those squats….

Hello.

Long time lurker. Legros from Montreal, QC. Mid 30’s, like stiff cambered boards, taking naps and petting cats.

Been around on various forums over the years, mostly EL and SBF. Always liked the ‘feel’ and vibe of this site, figured i’d join finally.

I have boarded on and off for the past 20 years. Mostly ride icey east coast groomers and get about 20-30 days in a season. Looking to expand my horizons and do some real riding out west and one day Japan.

I should also mention I have a problem, and buy too much snowboard gear (which is ironic considering the east coast of Canada hasn’t had a decent winter in the last few years).

Super stoked to be on here, what’s up everyone smile

Welcome up on in, @Jonesy @Hyperize &@legros!!!!!

As for ridin into ya golden years, I’m starin at the half century and will be cuttin lines with my grandkids in the next few years to come!!!!! shaka

legros - 30 November 2016 05:31 AM

Hello.

Long time lurker. Legros from Montreal, QC. Mid 30’s, like stiff cambered boards, taking naps and petting cats.

Been around on various forums over the years, mostly EL and SBF. Always liked the ‘feel’ and vibe of this site, figured i’d join finally.

I have boarded on and off for the past 20 years. Mostly ride icey east coast groomers and get about 20-30 days in a season. Looking to expand my horizons and do some real riding out west and one day Japan.

I should also mention I have a problem, and buy too much snowboard gear (which is ironic considering the east coast of Canada hasn’t had a decent winter in the last few years).

Super stoked to be on here, what’s up everyone smile

Welcome to Boardworld, @legros! shaka

Mizu Kuma - 30 November 2016 09:37 AM

As for ridin into ya golden years, I’m starin at the half century and will be cuttin lines with my grandkids in the next few years to come!!!!! shaka

@Mizu Kuma you should keep your filthy drug habit away from your grandkids!!!!

It you want to snort coke, thats fine, don’t do it with the Grandshredders you old bastard!! mizu

I’m telling Mrs Mizu michelle

Azz - 01 December 2016 06:02 AM
Mizu Kuma - 30 November 2016 09:37 AM

@Mizu Kuma you should keep your filthy drug habit away from your grandkids!!!!

It you want to snort coke, thats fine, don’t do it with the Grandshredders you old bastard!! mizu

I’m telling Mrs Mizu michelle

How else are they gonna grow up to be Rappers?????