The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The NRL Thread.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I love the Canberra Raiders.

Grew up in canberra during our glory days ‘89, ‘90 ‘94. We seriously had the best team ever…think about the names. Daley, Meninga, Stuart, Clyde, S Walters, Gary Belcher, Brett Mullins etc the list goes on. An excitement machine and a joy to watch.

I don’t get as much time to follow as I used to & I prefer football (the round ball game) these days but the raiders always will be in my heart! I have a box set of our grand final wins which I bust out every now and then & they all still give me goosebumps.

As far as other teams go, I don’t care too much except I HATE MANLY! This is a result of being 5 years old & watching the ‘87 grand final loss which left me in tears. There was a pretty strong cliff lyons/geoff toovey vs Daley/Stuart rivalry back in the day, too but we all know who was better. Same goes for langer/lewis at the broncos.

We’re making a trot towards the finals this year, which is good to see. C’mon the green machine!

Margie

can’t wait to go watch the tigers flog the storm on sunday!!

giddy up my raiders - storming towards the finals!

Rooster are giving me a heart attack…
had 5 grand on them to make the 8 this yr at $2 odds and 4 weeks ago they looked certain.
Lucky they beat those rubbish sea eagles on the weekend cause everyone hates the see eagles.
just going to pick up my 10k cheque… BOOM!

Go the Tigers we are gunna take it out this year for sure Dragons will choke again just like last year hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Warren Chapstick - 30 August 2010 08:24 AM

Go the Tigers we are gunna take it out this year for sure Dragons will choke again just like last year hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

How good would it be if the tigers knocked them out again!

Tigers will win tonight and than the gf yer boy good to see the eels nearly made it nearly made it in the top eight slippy little bugger lol

I meant next yes yes, yes I did…..

Good to see your puttin up your baby pictures mizu…

how did you get that one of me mum shame on you mizu

I just wanna say the tiger’s are in the top 8 and that’s all that matter’s yer boi…..... Good the tiger’s cool smirk

Hey eddie and mizu, where are the eels this year??? Didn’t they make the top eight again this year???

Well at least you guys will win something…........

I know of a good place to stick that spoon!!!!!  michelle

This goes out to all the dargon fans out there bahahahahahahahaha

Dargons sucked!... Kicked their asses last night hey Warren!