The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Daily snow video’s

Stu the lifty’s footage is compressed at 75% POV quality, then YouTube compresses it to flash video. Are you watching in full screen HQ? The original stuff looks much better, I just need to get it uploaded quickly. At my shop I’ll start showing various original footage. In time I’ll get some top quality on Vimeo.

Hey Spaz,

Big fan of your vids. I have to get organised and do my own for Hotham.

Azz

Hey spaz, looks like this is the week for product testing. I wanna see as much footage in the pow as possible

And I’ll do my mostest to please you Banger. Today was not one of those days though I’m still struggling to get around to loading today’s half missing video!

yeah…was it raining? this week should be epic though if frog’s prediction comes through! i really wanna see how the VIO goes in blizzardy/poor weather and pow!

Today’s limited video is up now.
video link

So far I have 3 videos loaded today.  snocam

My first run really tested the capability of bootcam in Aussie powder, I’m sure that if I had my bindings set back more I would have had more float and not so much snow in the lens.

I didn’t have enough time to edit all the footage, was too busy - No Filming On a Powder Day wink just kidding every moment was filmed just not edited, even the footage I put on my site was a rush edit, I had to get back out there.

Hey spaz, I’m watching all the videos from today now. Is that you in the red jacket being followed by the skier?

Yep

Do you mind if I give you some technique advice?

By the way I really enjoyed the 3rd video (which is actually the first video from the day). Really easy to tell what the snow depth and quality was like, and I enjoyed your fresh lines down the mountain (I won’t lie, I was jealous).

Spaz,

I think you need a sponsor for your measuring tape!
Promote the site!

Just slap a sticker… or even grab a marker and write along the side (over top of the inches marks) write: Boardworld.com and snowcam.com too.

snowslider, you’re forgetting the .au wink

rider26 - 03 July 2009 01:47 PM

Do you mind if I give you some technique advice?

I’d love it.
Especially as Boardworld is all about progression.
I do try to fit a lesson or more in every year and I do ride with instructors when they’re off duty but they rarely offer advice.

Hey spaz, I need to run to get fitted for a suit. I don’t want to give you quick advice, so I will reply to this when I get back in a few hours. I hope you’re enjoying the snow. Looking forward to your next video…

Hey spaz, you are by no means riding badly, however there is one technique flaw that really stands out. You have a counter-rotated upper body; it is a very common problem and the sooner you fix it the better. Counter-rotation is the first thing I look for and the first thing I try to fix when teaching a client.

Have a look at the video of yourself and you will notice your back hand reaching out in front of your body. It is noticable when you are on your toe edge. Have a look at your upper body and you will notice your upper body is open and facing down the hill, like a skier would be, again when you are on your toe edge. Basically your upper body is not aligned with your lower body and snowboard, potentially causing a variety of problems. When you are counter-rotated, your upper body and lower body are working against each other, giving mixed signals to the snowboard. To get maximum balance, control, and performance, you need to keep your upper body aligned directly over your snowboard.

To fix this, make a point of keeping your back hand behind your back hip and over the tail of your snowboard. When you make a toeside turn, you want your upper body to mirror the direction of your snowboard. Resist the temptation to open your upper body, hold it into the direction of the turn. It may take a bit getting used to, but keep thinking about it and I guarantee your riding will improve.

No doubt we will catch up when I get to Thredbo. When we go for a shred, if you want me work on your technique with you, I would be more than happy to. Keep the videos coming… cool smile