The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What’s your worst boarding injury?

Hahaha your brave…
I love Arthurs choice, it’s one of my favourite open gladed runs, but maybe not on your 7th time boarding LOL

skip11 - 07 October 2011 04:03 PM

Torn Rib Cartilage. 2 seasons ago, had only been boarding for 6 times. The 7th time I decided to venture into the trees (Arthur’s Choice) in spring, in the morning, when it’s still hard snow. Fell twice, torn my rib cartilage.

As well as dislocatin my shoulder at the Shred, I also did my rib cartilage in june this season!!!!!

Although the fall that I did my rib cartilage wasn’t much of a stack, it friggin hurt like hell in the first couple of days!!!!!

When I was a kid, I always wanted to injure myself so I could go to school in a cast or something. Some some reason I barely every get injured! The only time I’ve ever got to wear something was when I broke my collar bone playing footy.

I guess you could say I’m just soft, or don’t go hard enough. I prefer to think I’m more like Bruce Willis in Unbreakable.

Kozeyekan - 07 July 2011 03:55 AM

Well, it’s a bit of a stretch to call it a snowboarding injury, but it happened on the mountain in Buller. I had a girl come up to the room who liked tea, so I got out a nice clear glass teapot and proceeded to make tea with the obvious intention that she’d be so impressed, she’d let me get in her pants.
After we watched a movie, she wanted another cup. I had to wash the pot, it was one with a glass ‘bowl’ and ceramic handle. Being lazy I decided to put it in the dish washer, but I thought it best to remove the handle first.
Turns out that I had my hands on each side of the ‘bowl’ part and when I tried to seperate the two parts, the glass literally ripped apart with in my hands (imagine opening two folding doors from the centre, you put your fingers on the edge and push outwards. Same motion)
Anyway, it turns out that ripping a glass bowl apart with my bare hands was a little foolish, due to the fact that a) broken glass is rather sharp and b) my skin can be punctures by sharp things.
So before I know it, my evening plans went from playing doctors and nurses to asking a nurse to see a doctor.
I had three stiches in my right pinkie, four in my right ring finger, two in the right middle finger and three in my left ring finger.
Stragely, the girl in question wasn’t really all that impressed, but what did I care, by that time I had a head full of codiene. I thought I was a damn helicopter or something. Apparantly a hallucinogenic, kitchen-challenged, blood covered fool is not what women in the snow were after.
Who knew.

best one by far!

@andy: Yeah I love it now on a powder day, still not very fast going through there though. Also the run really tires me out.
@mizu: for the first week i can only sleep face up haha. And for 1-2 months, coughing, laughing, and SNEEZING (<——especially this one) hurts so baddd.

Mine is an advertisement for safety gear really.

Back in 2006 was flying down the “park” in Thredbo and came up to one of the sizeable jumps. Made sure the area was clear and went for a 360… yeah no. Tail of my board clipped some hard packed ice/snow (least thats my best guess?) at the top of the jump and sent me spinning; head first into the jump I had just left. Shattered my goggles into about 10 pieces, my helmet had the largest crack the store had ever seen and I needed 4 stitches at the hairline.

Park = Helmet.