The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What’s your worst boarding injury?

broke my wrist on the weekend so annoyed shut eye

Yeah, pics score bonus points remember?

Sorry to hear it though mate. Hope it heals up well and you’re back at it sooner rather than later.

4 Contused ribs and a wrenched knee last Feb when a Boarder friend of ours lost it and cartwheeled right in front of me on a cat-track as I was about to pass him at Mach speed, but not as bad as in ‘01? going huge backside 3 night riding, didn’t quite pull the rotation, landed toedge, head first facedown. Slid to a stop feet first on my back (nice flash of blue light with that) trying to breathe, took 20 minutes to make it the rest of the 6 minute ride.  pretty fair nosebleed to accompany the mild concussion and cracked rib. I gave a guided mountain tour (thankfully to a beginner) 2 days later, took 10 minutes to initially strap in :(

2003 - Lower back falling on ice in NZ, 3rd day on snow ever (1st day of NZ trip, no riding allowed for the rest of trip).
2005 - Left knee, still has issues today.

Other notable mentions;
- cutting my lip open in Japan in 2008.
- giving myself a black eye wake boarding July 2009.

probably either bruzes on both my knee’s or almost cutting the circulation of in my hands with my small wrist guards
not that bad aye

Went up an unfinished 20ft ish.. kicker, no landing ramp had been made. Big face plant and an almost disco’d shoulder

some of those xrays are nuts!!.....lucky Tills the resident nutter wink let us all get our injury fix, i much prefer it when its other people so keep them coming!
I get injured all the time unfortunately, i probably posted this one already but heres an old one where my shinbone came out , not a pic but anyways all i have is a vid

no idea why that isnt working so heres the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYBceLPmk-k

ill try and dig up a few more… also broke my tail bone, had a knee op and just put my teeth through my lip a few weeks ago and a few others.

the ones below are a mate from a week ago!

funny thing is he got taken away lying in a sled!

Man that’s some painful shit Crackers!!

You’re a gun, Crackers! that’s a mad gash! Love the way you’re so cool about it too.  tongue laugh

Couldn’t your mate pop his finger back in?

oh man crackers, thats gross as… and how can you have a half smile?!?!?

I didn’t have any smile at all when they were swabbing it out and sticking needles in it half an hour later smile , plus i fainted on the way out to the car and dropped the video camera, so i was all tough on screen but a big fairy off it haha
it kind of didn’t hurt that much when i did it…..maybe like someone booted you really hard in the shins playing soccer ie : hurts like hell for a bit but your forget about it 2mins later when you run after the ball. (maybe that says more about my lack of brains? lol).

as for my mate Tills, i dont really know hey, i wasnt there when he did it, i did give him a hell of a lot of shit for going down on the sled but hey maybe he needed to, i doubt it (the little sook) but who knows.

Random question time….

Can you snowboard with a broken toe?

Mizu….i think your remeberance pain might have more to do with you managing to type over 900posts in a month wink

I cant remember how many stitches ...maybe 20?
was putting your finger back in easy? how did you know it would work?

heres a new one for my list

Whenever something is dislocated, it is much less painful (still fkn painful but less) to just man the fk up and put it back in on the spot.

As soon as you leave it, then it is going to be much harder and much more painful!

And once it has popped out once, it will probably do it again :(

tjswish - 03 August 2010 01:55 AM

Whenever something is dislocated, it is much less painful (still fkn painful but less) to just man the fk up and put it back in on the spot.

As soon as you leave it, then it is going to be much harder and much more painful!

And once it has popped out once, it will probably do it again :(

the only time ive done it was playing soccer and i said to my mate oh f@#k my finger is dislocated and he said show me! and quickly popped it back in before i knew what he as doing….then it started hurting!

as for riding with a broken toe?...maybe, youd have to try it. haha