The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What was the last thing that got you stoked?

making down the loop (hotham) on day two of boarding ever!

had the coolest day yesturday, was officially at work but no lessons so i just hiked the small box park and got to know some of the guys who are also working at the resort for the season.  had a really good riding day with a few different highlights, but switch nosepressing over a box gap box setup put a grin on my face!

Nice Aidy, switch nosepresses are so much fun. You need to get some photos of the mountain you are working at and post them here. I’m really interested to see what it’s like.

Shredlife - 24 June 2009 03:03 PM
shaner - 23 June 2009 04:59 AM

I took my friend benji in kyber trees and he went out the wrong ski out and had to walk back up… hahaha

last thing that got me stoked - pulling up to dustys and seeing a red faced benji who had just finished 3 hours of hiking our of kybers… thanks shane! ahah

Hahahaha i heard about that one! Poor benji… We love you Pea-nut smile

But the best thing that got me soooo hyper was shredding flute bowl with Jeremy and Benji on a blue bird powder day in Feb up at Whistler.. I thought it was epic.. Fun fun fun fun fun fun fun and double fun.

Aidy - 03 July 2009 12:17 AM

had the coolest day yesturday, was officially at work but no lessons so i just hiked the small box park and got to know some of the guys who are also working at the resort for the season.  had a really good riding day with a few different highlights, but switch nosepressing over a box gap box setup put a grin on my face!

Would that be approaching switch then 180 into a nose press?
or staying SW the whole way? So, it’s kind of like sliding a tail press, but it’s all switch??

surferguy56 - 04 July 2009 11:28 PM
Shredlife - 24 June 2009 03:03 PM
shaner - 23 June 2009 04:59 AM

I took my friend benji in kyber trees and he went out the wrong ski out and had to walk back up… hahaha

last thing that got me stoked - pulling up to dustys and seeing a red faced benji who had just finished 3 hours of hiking our of kybers… thanks shane! ahah

Hahahaha i heard about that one! Poor benji… We love you Pea-nut smile

But the best thing that got me soooo hyper was shredding flute bowl with Jeremy and Benji on a blue bird powder day in Feb up at Whistler.. I thought it was epic.. Fun fun fun fun fun fun fun and double fun.

Remember the cornice drop into pow pow? That was a fun day for sure! Thanks for reminding me…

snowslider - 06 July 2009 01:11 AM
Aidy - 03 July 2009 12:17 AM

Would that be approaching switch then 180 into a nose press?
or staying SW the whole way? So, it’s kind of like sliding a tail press, but it’s all switch??

The way he said it, he would be switch the whole way. Switch on the approach, on the box, and switch nosepressing the whole way.

yeah as jeremy said it, nosepress nollie nosepress but all with your normal backfoot as your front foot.  jeremy i’ll try and get some photos i’m loving the photo comp so hopefully i can do my bit for the cause as well.

they just put a new jump in the park, its much bigger then they originally intended as sometimes happens when building jumps, anyways a guy from the czech republic just came over for the season to help out with the park and just generally be a snowbaord bum. anyways he was shaping it and guinea pigging it and just watching him was amazing, back 5 and back 7 which is always nice but the jump sends you soooo high! you’re 5m in the air, no exageration which is pretty high!  anyways just watching him that high throwing down got me stoked for the day!

Watching cords video from their last season got me stoked.