The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

listening to music while riding

wearing a beanie under a helmet is not very safe. A beanie can move around on your head and stops the foam in the helmet from protecting you.
I wear a helmet and use Skullcandy earbuds or the burton earbuds as they come with 3 different size earpieces and stay in much better. If you dont wear a helmet Skullcandy has a sick range of headphones. Go check them out!

I wear a very thin beanie under my helmet. It doesnt interfere with the fit, infact the helmet is more loose without it.
I tried the RED skull cap thingys, but never thought they were comfortable under the helmet.

snowslider - 19 June 2009 12:36 AM

beanie .

toque toque toque toque toque

Canada grin

I almost put ‘toque’ in brackets for the Canadians, but then I thought…. nah! I get teased enough about ‘tomato sauce’ when I’m over there.

I probably would have spelt it ‘tooque’ or ‘tooke’. Toque looks like it would be said ‘tok’. Ahhh Canadians… gotta love em. wink

louise - 18 June 2009 06:56 PM

wearing a beanie under a helmet is not very safe. A beanie can move around on your head and stops the foam in the helmet from protecting you.
I wear a helmet and use Skullcandy earbuds or the burton earbuds as they come with 3 different size earpieces and stay in much better. If you dont wear a helmet Skullcandy has a sick range of headphones. Go check them out!

We will be giving away several sets of Skullcandy headphones throughout the season! Keep an eye out for the various contests on the forums.

It all about synced playlists on your ipod with your friends, so you can all sing on the chairlift together and while riding down the hill. Then you gotta have your Skullcandy Headphones.. Best headphones around..

rider26 - 19 June 2009 10:32 AM

I almost put ‘toque’ in brackets for the Canadians, but then I thought…. nah! I get teased enough about ‘tomato sauce’ when I’m over there.

I probably would have spelt it ‘tooque’ or ‘tooke’. Toque looks like it would be said ‘tok’. Ahhh Canadians… gotta love em. wink

tomato sauce….I hope you don`t mean Ketchup…

Synced i-pod playlists? Now there’s an idea.

I can say with full honesty I’m compleatly addicted/dependent upon riding to music. As discussed here I - the one headphone method is definetly one I endorse, safety first.

Here’s a question I post to everyone then - what moments while riding co-respond to which music for you guys? Here’s an example
For me , Passion Pit’s “Little Secrets” is the perfect Spring Glacier Chair (Blackcomb ,BC) exploring song. Everytime I here the lyrics “Its just our little secret no one needs to know I’m feeling higher and higher and higher”——>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBt9sxTailQ , I imagine side hits, open bowls and exposed rock taps, riding with my friends Megan and Nick. Even when i’m about to skateboard to this song , my mind transports me back to that sunny day on Glacier chair, having possibly one of the best times of my season.

Les Savy Fav’s “Slugs in the Shrubs”——-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcOhobMGUXI brings on thoughts of bombing Crystal Chair’s (Blackcomb,BC) long groomers and tight side hits.

I love the music I ride to, but I love the memories they trigger at a later date, even more.

My wife and I have always wanted a way to wear 2 sets of headphones yet only use one iPod.
Like remote wireless or something, so we can be listening to the same things while riding.

Thought I’d bump this Oldie!!!!!

I love listenin to tunes on the mountain, but as said in here, I don’t enjoy it when ya with others, but mainly cause as soon as ya hit the play button, someone asks ya somethin!!!!!!

i ahve a set of skullcandy headphones that i use when i am alone. if another person/s is riding with me i wont bother,

My ears are weird and ear plugs fall out. Headphones are uncomfortable with helmets and I pretty much always ride with someone.

I have never listened to music, but will prob do now what a friend does. She always has her iPhone buds in cause that way if she gets a call she can answer it easily without the need to pull off gloves etc. Also if you wanted to you can listen to tunes!

Love music!!! I’m always listening. Makes me go faster. wink

Yup it is good having the iPhone for iPod and phone calls…. I just recently discovered if you double ‘click’ the middle of the volume control on the cord (of the headphones) it answers /ends the phone call! Awesome! Now I don’t even have to take my gloves off! smile

Billy also double click is skip song, triple back a song. Click then click hold is fast forward and double click then click hold is rewind