The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What was the last thing that got you stoked?

What was the last thing you did on your snowboard that got you completely and utterly STOKED?

just riding it.

I’m always stoked riding too. I guess a better question would be what was the last thing you did on your board that got you more stoked than usual? Hah.

This website has got me stoked recently.
But on my snowboard… hmm.
Probably some of the last days I was riding in the season that recently ended…
I rotated a BS180 across a small battleship rail, I try that over and over and only complete it few times.

I was stoked about completely linking my turns and beating a friend down the hill. I’m still mastering getting off of the chairlift with a longer steeper ride-out

the hidden pillow fields on blackcomb. That epic day made my season!

ok then i would say having a super fun spring session last year and completing the entire jump line in the piper park with back to back 3’s without washing speed or crashing

Epic week of pow, where we found a tree run which opened into a bowl that no one else was riding.

not actually riding, but i watched Thats it, Thats All and that MGMT section amazed me i was getting so amped for snow

last stoke-moment of the season? since i hate on the spring-snow-slush so hard, I’d agree with louise - hidden crystal pillow day w/ my roommate rob. one of the latter days of the season, never dropped pillows before, and i felt like a lumberjack snaking those trees to get to the field.

Seeing my BootCam footage for the first time - I wont get sick of watching it, the sounds, the snow, the low angle. Can’t wait to get some decent air or some high speed on fresh groomed new snow, instead of the icy runs we’re stuck with ATM.

finding out i can do cab 3 better than front 3 off park jumps, my new favourite trick! so amped on it!

I took my friend benji in kyber trees and he went out the wrong ski out and had to walk back up… hahaha

putting my snowboard away and and cruising, popping tricks and power sliding between traffic on my skate. haha although those times are the some of the best ever for me I know this is a snowboard site so the main thing I would say from last winter is spinning grabbing nose and tail added a whole different feeling to spins to me, completely changes the lean of the spin and made me incredibly stoked. The other thing me and my friends were doing all over was switch ollies off of everything, switch spins are fun but no where as weird a feeling as staying switch through the air the entire time with your body constantly aligned slightly uphill and landing with your body facing a little uphill as well feels so fun, I would highly recommend it and it helps out your confidence so much.

will_melbourne - 24 June 2009 07:17 AM

switch spins are fun but no where as weird a feeling as staying switch through the air the entire time

I have to agree with you on this comment!

Switch straight airs are more scary than a switch BS spin for me.
I am most uncomfortable, and I know I stiffen up and lock my knees probably when doing small switch straight airs - I mean small.
So uncomfortable.
Something to do more of.

shaner - 23 June 2009 04:59 AM

I took my friend benji in kyber trees and he went out the wrong ski out and had to walk back up… hahaha

last thing that got me stoked - pulling up to dustys and seeing a red faced benji who had just finished 3 hours of hiking our of kybers… thanks shane! ahah