The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Like Button

ozgirl - 23 October 2012 02:50 AM
rider26 - 23 October 2012 01:13 AM

Tobi, I’m assuming the other site is using an integrated Facebook “Like” button?

I am guessing she is talking about SW. That is not integrated into facebook (well at first it wasn’t haven’t been to the site lately to check now) it is just a like button telling the poster that you like their post.

Actually Oz, I was talking about in the mix.

Jez - No Facebook integration, I believe that they coded it themselves. Here’s a link to the site, http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54 (well the sports forum, which is where I mainly post).

cords - 23 October 2012 05:29 AM

I’d prefer not - just in that if it was integrated, I wouldn’t use it….and I would if it was just a button for here only.

I hate that everything is going facebook integrated and you can sign into a million things with your facebook account. I’m sure its convenient for some, but I just prefer to not have facebook/google be able to know every single little thing I do on the internets! Probably feeble trying to resist, I know but it is just how I feel about it. I only very, very rarely click the facebook like on pages with it integrated.

Agree, 100%.

No offence however I like posting on forums however my fb account is for me. I don’t really want the interaction between the two thanks.

rider26 - 23 October 2012 05:33 AM

I can understand that. Here’s another question: would a like button make it more likely that you wouldn’t reply to a post? As in you can just quickly hit the like button and be done with it.

I guess my answer is a little different to everyone else’s around here as I don’t post too much on this site however, on ITM (the site linked above) I mainly post in the sports section so if someone posts their work out for the day etc I’ll often like it or if someone posts something amusing it will get a like also. There’s no need for a full reply of ‘good work’ or whatever. It also keeps the exercise thread over there from filling up with useless posts.

Perfect example here of a post that deserves a like;

http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/showthread.php?p=394545942#post394545942

Mizu Kuma - 23 October 2012 06:12 AM
cords - 23 October 2012 06:10 AM
Mizu Kuma - 23 October 2012 06:01 AM

And believe it or not, there has been many times where I would’ve used a like button instead of not posting!!!!! 

Right Jez - so how quickly can we get this like button installed?  LOL

NOT COOL

Oh the agony this could have prevented if put in place earlier LOL

Sounds like somebody wants a love song serenade?????

Oh K2, have you lost that loving feeling???????

yeah, I want a like button please !!!!!

and now, there are so many things I want to like… and a couple of “that suxs” too ( well not really).
But, yes, the I like that!!!!! , but I don’t really need/want/have time for a post is what I’m after….. and that also can take a lot of heat out of a discussion, so as to not be offensive, more like a “I hear ya”....
Do I want it on Facebook? Me, no, not really, I like that I can keep things separated, (even if only in my own head), and I don’t need all that crowd seeing everything (sorry mum)
And if it’s Like a boss… that’s cool!

When can we get this function?????

C’mon Jezowitz!!!!!

OK, so let’s talk about the functionality of this.

How would it work?

Do you like the thread or individual posts?

What happens when you hit the like button?

I think it should only be Posts, as a Thread’s Popularity will either Die or Live by its activity, and that’ll more or less tell the Originator of the thread how well liked it was!!!!!

A Like could be either an anonymous number count, or a Members Name, or a Combination of both, and displayed somewhere subtly within the post!!!!!

That’s my 20c like it or not!!!!!

Do it like ski.com.au’s system. You can like a post and it shows up on the bottom of the post.

http://forums.ski.com.au/xf/threads/old-hotham.30405/page-4

Check the last post in that thread, I liked it.

OK, we will look into this. Might take a little while as we are starting work with a new development team soon, but it’s on the list.

Whenever my Mum used to say that, it meant NO!!!!! long face

Mizu Kuma - 16 April 2014 03:33 PM

Whenever my Mum used to say that, it meant NO!!!!! long face

Same here!!!  hmmm

and we need a Banana smiley smile

Azz - 16 April 2014 03:34 PM

and we need a Banana smiley smile

Jeremy needs a banana smiley!!!!!  mad