The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Like Button

I want one. So many times, i “like” something, and want to agree, without doing a whole post. Must be a fb addict, but it’s true, sometimes, there’s stuff I just “like”

Ha! I was talking about this today on another forum I post on as other users mentioned it.

A forum I use has had this function for about 2 years now. It works well, there’s heaps of posts I like but don’t feel the need to actually comment on.

I do like this idea (excuse the pun) and I’ve thought about it before. This still might be something we integrate into the new site.

Tobi, I’m assuming the other site is using an integrated Facebook “Like” button?

LOL That the one !!!

Or instead of a heart like Instagram, have a little Moe?????

rider26 - 23 October 2012 01:13 AM

Tobi, I’m assuming the other site is using an integrated Facebook “Like” button?

I am guessing she is talking about SW. That is not integrated into facebook (well at first it wasn’t haven’t been to the site lately to check now) it is just a like button telling the poster that you like their post.

We’ve been thinking about Facebook integration. What do you guys think? I guess that has a benefit for us as well, as when you like a thread it will come up on your feeds, and your friends might check it out.

I’d prefer not - just in that if it was integrated, I wouldn’t use it….and I would if it was just a button for here only.

I hate that everything is going facebook integrated and you can sign into a million things with your facebook account. I’m sure its convenient for some, but I just prefer to not have facebook/google be able to know every single little thing I do on the internets! Probably feeble trying to resist, I know but it is just how I feel about it. I only very, very rarely click the facebook like on pages with it integrated.

I can understand that. Here’s another question: would a like button make it more likely that you wouldn’t reply to a post? As in you can just quickly hit the like button and be done with it.

I think that is what Tambo is saying above.

I don’t think it will stop people posting. It will mean more interaction between users. Sometimes I don’t feel I have much to add so I would “like” a post, rather than it look like I am not reading it (which is what it does at the moment)

If i had something to say i would say it.

Oh and I agree with Cords. Not keen on Facebook integration.

I think that it would more likely encourage people to post if they see that someone’s opinion is “liked”, as it may give them confidence to back that opinion also?????

And believe it or not, there has been many times where I would’ve used a like button instead of not posting!!!!!

You could also have a “not cool” button too????? I’ve wanted to use that on heaps of your posts Jez!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 23 October 2012 06:01 AM

And believe it or not, there has been many times where I would’ve used a like button instead of not posting!!!!!

Right Jez - so how quickly can we get this like button installed?  LOL

cords - 23 October 2012 06:10 AM
Mizu Kuma - 23 October 2012 06:01 AM

Right Jez - so how quickly can we get this like button installed?  LOL

NOT COOL

hahahaha only joking, big bear! grin

I actually am glad that facebook hasn’t succumbed and made a dislike button.