The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Our new waxing & tuning bench

Spent saturday arvo building a waxing and tuning bench. We can do everything except a base grind at home.

Snowboard and ski tuning areas, on wheels so it can be easily rolled away for storage. A few Boardworld stickers to make it look pretty.

Now its time to start waxing.

EDIT: need to install a beverage holder !!!!!!!

That is UNREAL!  grin

How long did it take you to build? Just one day? Well done mate! That is just sick.

Tambazz, that is a rad set up! love the sticker work too.
Definately need teh bevy holder haha…...theres an idea, Boardworld.com.au Stuby Holders haha

Oh and may be a silly question, but im not up with all the board tunin tech and process, but whats with the drill and the attachment? Is that for buffing/grinding bases?

That’s a wax brush on a drill (removing wax, exposing base structuring etc…).

Yeah, we built it Saturday arvo, Tambo & Azz Production. We used left overs from our renovation. The framework used to be walls in our house.  grin and the ply is left over from the pantry shelves.

The buffer on the drill is for running over your board after scraping back, gives it a really smooth, slick finish.

I’m liking the Boardworld stubby holder idea…........... need big ones to fit bottles of wine too.

Cheers Jeremy. Learn something new everyday

mate, that’s sick!!

Beats having to go out to the back shed to do it, that’s for sure!

I reckon it needs a pool table top that you can lift on and off

sound system at the bottom would finish that off [= ehhee

Butters - 21 June 2010 08:05 AM

Seems like the perfect size for foosball. Tuning bench in the winter, foosball in the summer.

Tambazz, I noticed the wax collection vinyl(?) underneath. Very well thought out. Is it removable?

sweet set up

rider26 - 21 June 2010 08:09 AM

Seems like the perfect size for foosball. Tuning bench in the winter, foosball in the summer.

Tambazz, I noticed the wax collection vinyl(?) underneath. Very well thought out. Is it removable?

Yes, it is removable. A light PVC fabric so the wax won’t stick, held on with press studs.

Pool table, Foosball, a seat, so many options.

rider26 - 21 June 2010 08:09 AM

Hehe, make it rotatable. Tuning bench to pool table in one fluid motion.

That is awesome Tambazz. Kudos.

Sick set up, Im with the foosball idea or ping pong.  Stubbies sound like a great idea!

Agin great wotk.. You should take some measurements and and sell em!

Hmmm, maybe I should, build em in kit form and post them out, like something from IKEA, only better !!!!!!

very impressive setup!!!