The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Our new waxing & tuning bench

Tambazz - 22 June 2010 12:10 PM

Hmmm, maybe I should, build em in kit form and post them out, like something from IKEA, only better !!!!!!

Smashing idea… but can it be assembled with nothing but a allen key and a really small odd size wrench.  lol

Serious tho man I really think if you had a basic plan drawing you would start to see more people around with home waxing set ups… the big thing would be trying to teach people how to properly wax and sharpen there gear.

I would buy one for sure. You could also have a few different designs in different sizes. I think even some shops would be interested in buying one.

Hmmmmm, now you have me thinking. I’ll work out some costs and shoot some figures past you guys to see if you think it is a product that would sell.

At my last house I had one built into the workshop as a permanent feature, not enough workshop space here, so I decided to use the living / dining room cheese

It does resemble a pool table.
Very nice design though.
I like what appears to be a removable bottom to clean it all out.

that looks so awesome! i am using two saw stools from work hahaha if only i had something like this!

Wow! That is legit!
Nice work man shaka

Sweet!!!!!

Found some Gold in the archives, lachi!!!!!

Where/how much for that drill attachment Azz?????

So coming over for a preseason tune/wax/beverage

I missed this!! Awesome Azz!!
I agree deano!!

Azz - 21 June 2010 10:23 AM

A light PVC fabric so the wax won’t stick . . .

Hey Azz, I’ve been working on an idea for a collapsible capture device for wax/filings/etc. to mount on the (also collapsible) sawhorse I use in my apartment for tuning. I’ve been wondering what type of fabric to use, then I saw this thread - what kind of PVC fabric should I be looking for?

AWESOME job, by the way!  shaka

Chuck, work out what you need and PM me.
We should a piece kicking about the place with your name on it wink

Wicked! Ta mate!

Lachillingworth - 27 May 2012 03:19 AM

that looks so awesome! i am using two saw stools from work hahaha if only i had something like this!

I use two saw horses too that I covered in non slip liner. Works a treat on the budget, but is a little too low in height so the back hurts a little after I’m finished!!!