The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Whistler 2012 / 2013 - The Community Blog

Here is the winning film from the WSSF competition.
Lots of skiing, but boarding too just gotta wait for it. Either way its an awesome video of Whistler
https://vimeo.com/64657859

Shot and Edited in 7 days for the Intersection competition at The World Ski & Snowboard Festival in Whistler, BC (April 11-18, 2013)

Behind the scenes photos: facebook.com/leozuckermanmedia
BTS video coming soon…

1st Place // WSSF Intersection 2013
People’s Choice // WSSF Intersection 2013

COMPETITION RULES:
Films must be shot, edited and produced in a period of 7 days.
All films must contain at least one skier and one snowboarder.
Each film must contain 30 seconds of park footage, 30 seconds of Whistler in-bound terrain footage, and 20 seconds of footage using a Bromley Baseboard.
All films must be shot within 100km radius of Whistler and 75% of all footage must be on snow.

Music/Audio
Encom Pt. II - Daft Punk
Trifonic - Baalbek (Hecq Remix)
Post Boredom - Luke Neumann
The Nature of Consciousness - Alan Watts

Sick vid! I think some of those guys and the creator are from the UBC Ski and Board club (although I didn’t know any of em). If this is a snowboard video I give it a 9/10

came here to ask for advice on what jobs are worthy of chasing in whistler as im doing a 3 month trip for 13/14 season, totally got lost in this vid, a-mazing!

but seriously, any advice for good jobs in general or specific places would be awesome! fyi - we plan on getting a place in the village - thanks guys!

village accom can get quite pricey. Best place to look is craigslist. atm you will just see summer listings which are a lot cheaper.
But the perks of village living is you wont need to buy bus passes which is a win, unless you work outside of the main village (in creekside for example).

Work, im not the one to ask, I didnt work the 3 months I was there haha

Is it possible to go with out working? Do you have enough savings to get by?

Just asking because 3 months goes quick, and if you work (depending on the job) you may be wokring 4 days a week, leaving only 3 a week for riding. Which isnt heaps over that period of time

thanks for the advice K2, yeah we’ve been keeping an eye on craigs and pique for accom and yeah bit early but we might try and send a few emails to see if we can lock something in before the rush happens.

damn, its an option but i would feel much better getting a job (ideally 3 days a week) cause although id love to ride virtually flat out i dont think the body would. just scoping to see if anyone has had good experience in certain positions wink

maybe something in service. Bartending, dishpig, or hotel cleaning. Something that is maybe 3 nights a week. Though I imagine bar work is very hard to get into unless you have experience or know someone
Hopefully some of the others can give better advice than me

so guys ive been talking to a few friends and ive been told i can get hooked up with a job in a hire shop, generally working 3 day shifts (8-3) and 2 night shifts (3-10) a week, also apparently the pay is $11/hour can anyone confirm if this is pretty regular pay for part time jobs over there? cheers

That’s pretty standard mate. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I think some jobs for the mountain may be lower than that in your first year. $11 is pretty average I think.

thanks rider, thats mad

I’ve noticed the fyve lads are still doing park laps at blackcomb, are the lifts still operating for anyone or is it a “invite only” type set up???

Just wondering for future reference. And trip planning etc.

Cheers

Blackcomb closes May 26th I think.

skip11 - 18 May 2013 12:30 PM

Blackcomb closes May 26th I think.

Cheers skip.

Just saw this clip. From early in the season, but this is what riding Whistler is all about for me. Cant help but smile while watching this one

Hey crew, check out the final episode of WHEN IN WHISTLER for the season. Please like, comment and share through our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/bwnews shaka

Well, that’s a wrap! LAST BUT NOT LEAST is the final episode of our 2013 WHEN IN WHISTLER series presented by Boardworld. It’s been a great end to the season.

In this fourth and final episode, we join Geoff Brown and 3CS Comrade Gordon Emery in the backcountry once again. We hit urban locations with Geoff, 3CS Comrade Mat Galina, FYVE team rider Marc Triffitt, and welcomed Braden Dean and Spencer Kaleb to the crew.

To top it off we have the Fyve trio of Ryan Manning, Greg Murray and Marc Triffitt join David Kinskofer and Canadian jump slayer Charles Reid in the Whistler Blackcomb Terrain Parks for some of the best times we’ve ever had shooting sunny spring shred.

Supported by 3CS Outerwear, FYVE Snowboards, Mint Tours, Ashbury Eyewear Australia, Drift Innovation, No Limits Motorsports Squamish, Underground Tuning and Aus/NZ Snowboarding Magazine.

Additional Filming by Benjamin Webb, Vanessa Chan & Tajima Keiji

Intro graphics : Luke Mallinson @ Giraffe Visual Communication Management

Intro track : ‘Monsters’ by Woodrowgerber
soundcloud.com/woodrowgerber/monsters
woodrowgerber.com/

Edit Track : “Peking” by Jakarta Criers
Website - Jakartacriers.com.au/
Facebook - facebook.com/jakartacriers

WIW logo : Charles Kelly

http://www.olliepopfilms.com