The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Thoughts on the new IPHONE 4!

So I am pretty sure everyone knows about the new Iphone being release in July in Australia.

What is everyones thoughts on it?

Will you buy it and what about using it for the snow season?

I reckon it is going to be amazing and I personally cannot wait smile So many options and things to do with it, phone calls/videos/face to face phone calls/photos/apps!!!

I have a iphone 3GS and it does the job nicely….I probably won’t have a huge need for the new iphone until say 12 months time…...to be honest half the stuff I don’t really even use that much - I am betting I would hardly use the video face thing either…

I received an email about it from Apple today - looks slick! The big feature that stands out for me is the HD video camera.  I’m the same boat as kort though, I have an earlier iPhone and probably won’t upgrade till the phone dies or my plan expires. I’m super excited about getting the new MacBook Pro!

Sounds good, but probably just some small tweaks from the 3gs in my pocket that has like another 1.5 years of contract.

When that runs out, I’ll probably pick up a Iphone 5

sick Bah, Apple and their “Ooo, look at us stickin’ it to the man”. Apple are the man!

hmm.. i like the new style of the phone to match the macbooks..

but the video calls.. is fail.. only iphone4 to iphone4 over wifi > <

waiting for the 2nd gen iphone4 lolzz

I want one but I don’t know why
I have a 3G one, would never use the video calls.
The bigger battery, better screen and better camera means I’ll probably upgrade when my plan expires in Feb ‘11

I am the same as most of the above, i have 3gs and i love it. The new one looks good and has a few new features that are good, but not enought for me to upgrade yet. i am quite happy with my gps capabilities and my 3d snow trail maps

Am I the only person who thinks it looks crap?

I much prefer my 3GS!

Interesting comments guys!
Yeah I agree with you all as well, I think I will test it out before I buy it if need be. I love the 3GS, loads of fun and the phone is great. Technology is going to a whole new level!

I think it looks very slick and nice.
But in person, that may differ, but still..

What are the main differences? Hoping they are out the same time in N.Z. so i can grab one. Will they be ridiculously expensive plans though?

My phone is about 5 years old. it was top quality because it had COLOUR screen, but not even a VGA camera. probably time for an upgrade soon i think.

Brandy - 08 June 2010 06:43 AM

sick Bah, Apple and their “Ooo, look at us stickin’ it to the man”. Apple are the man!

haha apple is THE MAN!!

yeah wait for the next gen, same goes with the ipad lol

Pretty interested to have a suss of it

Iphone 3gs FTW… the iphone 4 will more than likely have teething problems… wait for the 4gs or whatever moniker they dream up for it, just dont get fooled and buy an ipad

yup no ipad for me yet - I am after a book reader and the Amazon kindle ticks all the boxes…...I held the ipad the other day and its actually quite heavy. Right now my laptop and netbooks do the job. As such I have no current need for an ipad….oh yeah, no flash = epic fail….

Mate of mine just got one, and had just finished going on aboput how superior and yada yada, when she broke it.  I guess I’m in between what to think..