The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Any surfers or skaters?

Just wondering how many of you skate or surf?

I’m a surfer myself, started surfing long before I started snowboarding. I don’t really skate anymore. I used to skate a bit when I was younger but have stayed away in recent years, mainly to avoid injury and stay healthy for snowboarding.

yer i skate more then i surf, but its only when im not snowboarding tho smile

Skater, never seem to find time to roll these days. Love watching and photographing skaters.

Have to get the mini ramp sitting in the paddock put together by next summer and get my skate fix happening again.

surf. love it. unfortunately not much surf in queenstown…

skate but only to get around town without a car. I would love to get into freebording, looks sick

Skated for years when i was a teen, but stopped due to injury risk as i was playing elite tennis. Started to roll around a bit recently and really wanna get back into it. I think part of the inspiration to get back into it was due to there being a bowl in my local snowboard shop. Its rad cool grin

Tried surfing, im terrible haha. Definately havent given it a good enough go though. Will definately try to learn to surf better this coming summer. I brought a board last year off a mate but still havent used it yet! Lazy haha

I skate to and from the station a lot when I need to catch trains. One of my mates loves skating so I generally follow around and film him and his mates doing tricks. I’m much better at snowboarding though smile

I surf/snowboard, tried skating.. too many stacks gave it up. But i love to watch it and see friends create their individual styles etc.

I mainly skate just to get around without a car, I love to skate bowls & vert + I’m into downhill speed skating & street luge.
I surf a bit with mates & also into body boarding, got some killer spots to surf down here in south oz.
But snowboarding is defs my favorite when I can get somewhere where snow is.

I skate, Longboard and FREEBORD!!!

Mos time Freebord on sessions and longboard to travel up to work

ChinoTR - 16 June 2010 03:35 PM

Do you race longboard or freeboard?

xlugeladx - 16 June 2010 04:27 PM
ChinoTR - 16 June 2010 03:35 PM

Do you race longboard or freeboard?

We got some longboard slalom tournaments around here but nothing with Freebord

Good People (the brand that supports me) usually it´s racing longboard

Hope my english is fair enough so i can be understand

surf more than skate these days… really getting back into surfing during the off season from snowboarding

This summer I’m going to get better at surfing, its just the pop-up i need to practise, then its snowboarding on moving snow grin

in my teens and early 20’s I used to skate a lot (i’m 36 now). I stopped progressing and it became less interesting. I just wasnt able to keep up with the latest tricks and it became less enjoyable, and at the time I was getting into other things with friends…
I’m still able to jump on a board, and do almost everything I used to do.
A couple years ago I started skating with the young kids in the neighborhood for fun. they thought I was cool being the old guy and I’d take them all to the skate park and have a good time.

I thought I’d skate more in my summers, but I just havent been. I keep my board for when I want to skate.

used to skate a fair bit round my school. was a mond-friday boarder there for two years…
me and my mate r just tryna get back into it. was gonna go to monster skate park 2wks ago came from decked out at sutho at like 5:00, but were looking at gettin there at 8:30 wen the sesh ends at 10 cos of stupid, stupid women taking much toooo much time getting ready and eating, believe it or not.

so my mate sped quick round a corner and the car literally died. we coasted, no exaggeration, 100 metres up the road, up a bit of a hill thru an S bend then stopped. he was fangin it… but he’s a race driver, i trust him. to a degree lol..  ended up being a threaded timing spinner thing that fires each piston if anyone knows wat its called..

anyway ive got a choclat deck. still heaps poppy. and reds bearings that r goin a-ok from a yr ago or more.. they’re good bearings, id recommend em

Always surfed, ever since I was about 6 years old, living on the northern beaches of Sydney it was always going to happen.  Little bit earlier than the rest of my friends as my Dad surfed and got me into it early.  Did a little bit of skating from time to time, my parents place had this big steep driveway that we used to ride down and then onto the grass to stop.  Had some classic crashes from time to time.  Got into a bit of vert and bowl skating around my late teens and early twenties but still mostly surfing.  Did a month in hawaii when I was 23, did a couple of boat trips in Indo as well. 

Snowboarded for the first time when I was 16 at a school camp then a couple more times in my late teens.  Was hard financially as my parents were never into it so I was paying for it all myself, got to be to much so I kinda stopped till a couple of years ago.  When I moved to Melbs I started skating again at a bowl bout 2 mins from home but that didn’t last to long, still surfing though, will be back into a lot more when I get back to the beaches in Sydney in a month or so!