The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

How much money have you spent on snowboarding?

heheeh Arc’teryx is the shiz wink
I am a fan of you get what you pay for - of course with Arc’teryx one only buys it “on sale” - still seems to cost a few $$ unfort!!

However I can say that both my Arc’teryx jackets are a couple of years old and they still look brand new!

Rick0889 - 15 July 2010 10:05 PM

I have been kinda lucky I have only ever bought 1 season pass in the 4 yrs I have been boarding!
Mainly because I have worked for the mountain or gotten a free one for some reason

If you can get a freebie, take it! Snowboarding is not a cheap sport so get whatever you can to save a few $$

Sorry to dig up an old thread but it got me thinking about how much i have spent over the years.

A rough guesstimate would be around the $30,000 mark in the last 4 years. which isnt too bad. that included 2 NZ trips and countless day/weekend trips to perisher.

BUUUUUT if i add in my up coming USA trip it would top around $45,000-$50,000 all up. And i dont intend to stop there. Definately going to do Japan, maybe khazakstan if i can convince some mates to give it a shot.
scary? yeh
worth it in the end? hells f*#king yeh

i would have 2 say round $5000 - $6000 very well worth it but

bloody oath, at least 25k and counting. but it couldnt have been spent better. cheers

How much?

Can’t put a price on my soul. Lets just say it doesn’t belong to the devil… yet

Worth it? Yes

Dollars and cents - I even convince other people to give me money to do it when I run out. In 13 years all my spending outside of the essentials (rent, food, medicine) goes toward it. Anything I spend money on has a consideration to how it benefits this addiction. Only one other personal interest - Surfing is an exception and that is lucky to cost $4K each 10 years.

Only one thing is higher on my priority - family, and that has taken from my love of the white stuff, both financially and physically. But the greater spending has still been on the snow. Family know and respect I need it to live.

spaz - 05 July 2011 01:53 PM

How much?

Can’t put a price on my soul. Lets just say it doesn’t belong to the devil… yet

LOL

I still have my pass from 06!!
Been snowboarding for 5 years
Chased 3 back-to-back winters 09/10
2 Whistler season pass
3 Perisher season pass
1 Mammoth season pass
40 assorted day passes @ $95/avg ea
$9800 just to be on the mountains
$1300 average on gear per year
and add up all accommodation, food, travel expenses etc,
Close to 100K, never realised i’ve spent this much until now D:

Worth it? Yes, but except for that Mammoth pass. Not a good idea if your intentions for travel is business, had about 3 use of that cracker.

i actaully just bought a kirkwood season pass, most action that will see is 6-7 days! but for $300 im not complaining

I’m… not going to even think about how much I’ve spent. Definitely not 150k though WOH!

I don’t care the cost, snowboarding saved me from a life not worth waking up for.
I owe snowboarding way more than I have spent ollie

I’ve spent some Quid on snowboarding but it Doesn’t bother me cause you dont put a price on happiness shaka

thats true, you cant put a price on happiness. but you can put a price on something which creates happiness, right. haha just gammin