The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

How much money have you spent on snowboarding?

Not sure if this has been raised before but was thinking about this recently….....

Have been riding since 1995 and would have clocked up around 400 days so I am guessing that is alot of $$ just on lift tickets alone (thank god for season passes!).......Besides lift tix, including airfares, gear, accomodation, petrol, food on hols, travel insurance, etc, I am guessing my running total would be in the realm of $150k?

Might sound like alot but I wouldn’t change a dollar of it grin

I would say close to 100K, not including this website. I wouldn’t change a dollar of it either.  cool grin

My mind hurts just beginning to think about it.
Lot & lots, all worth spending !!!!!

yer mine nowhere near the amount of you guys up there but have only been doing it for around 4 yrs and i would say around $25 - $30k

Here’s another question if you dare…

How much do you think you will spend on snowboarding in your lifetime?

rider26 - 07 June 2010 01:38 AM

Here’s another question if you dare…

How much do you think you will spend on snowboarding in your lifetime?

ohhh I would say $500k is a possibility!!

Depends on how long I live….....................

Assume you live to the average age of an Australian which is 79….

I reckon 15k in the past 4-5 years

As long as every dollar spent was worth it, that is all that matters!
Enjoy the life you live smile

i’ve been doing it only for 4 years so haven’t really spent much, specially due to uni.. but only a year and half to go till i graduate
from a look at what you guys spend, i’d say alot of money gonna be coming out of my pocket.. but it doesn’t worry me a bit.. i love every single second of it

I’ve owned my own gear for 2 seasons now, first one I split with my bro, cheap ass package $500, Last year I spent more in the 2k mark and this year I am up to about $900 ish.

So I’d say about 3.4k on gear alone. 1k on last years Perisher pass and about 2k this year on trips alone and $800 for the 2 years I went, totals about 7.2k total over 3 years…

DAMN I SPENT A LOT! lol.

tjswish - 07 June 2010 09:38 AM

So I’d say about 3.4k on gear alone. 1k on last years Perisher pass and about 2k this year on trips alone and $800 for the 2 years I went, totals about 7.2k total over 3 years…

DAMN I SPENT A LOT! lol.

Wait until you start earning more money….....$7.2k wil be a drop in the ocean smile

Well two years ago I spent $2500 on gear for me and my chick, went up maybe 6 times that year, one weekend cost us $700 for accom alone, plus $400 in lift tickets.  Couple of other weekends around $700 inclusive.  Last year went about 20 days so around $4000 all inclusive, another board and bindings $800, this year about $700 so far plus another $1200 for my NBZ trip in Sept thats all paid for.  $7000 in 2.5 years isnt bad going…..............................

I have been kinda lucky I have only ever bought 1 season pass in the 4 yrs I have been boarding!
Mainly because I have worked for the mountain or gotten a free one for some reason

kort - 06 June 2010 12:11 PM

Not sure if this has been raised before but was thinking about this recently….....

Have been riding since 1995 and would have clocked up around 400 days so I am guessing that is alot of $$ just on lift tickets alone (thank god for season passes!).......Besides lift tix, including airfares, gear, accomodation, petrol, food on hols, travel insurance, etc, I am guessing my running total would be in the realm of $150k?

Might sound like alot but I wouldn’t change a dollar of it grin

STOP BUYING ARC’TERYX & BURTON GEAR!!!!!!!!!!

I just saved you 50K right there

lol

:p :p :p :p :p