The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What are your goals this season?

MoonUnit - 17 August 2011 11:13 PM

Hi people this is my first post so here goes…What are my goals for this season?

Being a late 40’s new rider I just want to get more experience on the board and see more of the mountains.

I only took up snowboarding last year at Thredbo and fell in love. I was a skater back in the day so the geometry of boarding made more sense than skiing to me. All up I’ve had 10 days on the snow total and have got a lesson most days. I have to give Max at Thredbo a huge rap for sorting out my stance and getting me making sweet turns using angulation and inclination. He also spotted that my stance was too narrow, and I have to say my riding improved heaps after I learned to be much more aggressive on the hill.

Back to the goals:

When I came down I just wanted to ride High Noon, Supertrail etc at speed with confidence and link turns of varied types at speed. I quickly realised this ambition and now I reckon I could ride in most conditions after taking on the rock hard icy slopes of Thredbo at 10:00 am in the morning. My goal for next trip (albeit next year) is to ride switch and start making some jumps and squeeze in more time with my family on the snow.

Got my eye on a Never Summer F1 for next season, but maybe a more twin-centric board would suit me better.

Current board: Burton Clash 157

Next Board: Never Summer F1 (probably)

MoonUnit shred

They sounds like excellent goals right there. Riding switch is so important and super fun.

Stoked to have you on Boardworld, MoonUnit. Welcome aboard!  cool smile

Thanks mate. It’s good to be here.

Ambitions for next season:

-Buy a share in Lodge in Jindy
-Complete APSI level one
-Take a month off every year and instruct
-Work out a way to get a family of four 10 days at the snow without breaking the bank

MoonUnit

Well, if you get your level 1, you can teach part time at the resorts which gives you a free season pass. As part time you just need to work for two weeks during the school holidays, then four weekends of your choice during the season. One free season pass with still save you $1000+.

Welcome to Boardworld MoonUnit!!!!!  shaka

Make sure to go and intro yaself in the social pages too!!!!!