The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Why are online message boards fun?

Add your reason here. (This list could never end).

I’ll start.

Because When noone really knows me, I’m as cool as I want to be.

The End

You get to create your own personality and no one has to know… Not that I’ve done that smile

because I can fake how good of a snowboarder I am. and no one will ever know.

because i can sound smart by copy-pasting various wise quotes and other snowboard related quotes off other snowboard websites to feel above every body else!

its not funny but, because most ppl are there for the same thing, makes it easier to communicate when you share a common interest.

letitsnow09 - 16 June 2009 06:39 AM

because i can sound smart by copy-pasting various wise quotes and other snowboard related quotes off other snowboard websites to feel above every body else!

That’s the spirit!

Aw come on we’re all great boarders here because we like to board.

Do we really want to imply people come on here to pretend they’re are better then they are, can’t they just post how good they think they are? I love the stoke people get when they realize what snowboarding terms mean and start to use them - the steezin crowd.

I have fun on forums because it’s a wealth of personal info, often misguided that I get a laugh out of and I learn a lot.

Copy/past roolz, cool kids smoke durries behind the dunnie and I’m better than you because…

spaz - 16 June 2009 12:26 PM

Do we really want to imply people come on here to pretend they’re are better then they are, can’t they just post how good they think they are? I love the stoke people get when they realize what snowboarding terms mean and start to use them - the steezin crowd.

I have fun on forums because it’s a wealth of personal info, often misguided that I get a laugh out of and I learn a lot.

Well said.

I’m just being silly and sarcastic, there’s lot of honest reasons and I agree with your comment. but the funny ones are true too.

Here’s another reason

I enjoy knowing that the sport I love and enjoy is shared with others across the globe, it’s like a bond.
It’s crazy to think how many people I’ve met that live across the world because of snowboarding and online message boards.

I didn’t want to take anything away from previous posts as they are funny, I was just thinking that we can set a standard for those that follow. The internet is full of pretenders, we all know that. I’m sure we welcome newcomers to the sport, as newcomers they don’t need to come here and brag about doing stuff they only know the name of just to fit in.

‘cause I can pick up girls all the time, and they don’t actually know what I look like until they’re in my house and it’s too late.

Mizu Kuma - 30 November 2010 09:07 AM

Because ya can regurgitate threads that all the members above had probably forgotten about ages ago!!!!!  cool grin

(And as far as pretenders go!!!!! I can’t board for crap!!!!! But just don’t let anyone around here know that, cause I think that they reckon I’m a Legend!!!!!!)

Haha,
I don’t even remember writing my first post in this thread. Man that was a lifetime ago.

If you believe we think your a legend thats enough for me. I’m just scared of the angry bear.

Because you have time to think of a comeback instead of standing there thinking like an idiot.