The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Your Quiver — Post your ride here!

Oops sorry. Andy got the wide park version of the AMF which is called something else, can’t remember what it is. He got the full cambered one.

^ I think it may be the shotgun…?

Yes that’s what it is haha.

The latest edition to my quiver: Rome Agent 154 snowboard + Rome 390 Boss bindings. I’ll be taking this over to Whistler as my main setup for the season. I’m really excited about it to be honest. After much deliberation over the last few months, I knew I had to keep full camber as my main board. As much as I enjoy hybrids and appreciate the benefits (especially for one-board-quivers), I kept coming back to camber as it suits my riding style the best. The Agent is a board that’s always had great appeal to me; full camber, perfect flex, essentially twin shape (slightly longer nose than tail), no bullshit, just a great board. I decided to pair it with Rome 390 Boss bindings, which again, have always been on my list of top bindings. They continually perform whenever I get to test them (they were one of the best at SIA), great features, and they are super duper comfortable. Anyway, I’ll give more detailed insights when i’ve had the opportunity to shred this setup in Whistler.

My current Yes. quiver… The older pyl is signed by Mark Kowalchuk who did the art for it and many other Yes boards

Nice!!!!!

@Jez: Nice one Jez :D. Any reason to choose the Agent over the Mod?

My quiver/toys for this season here!

Including my new splitboard, some skis (picked them up 2nd hand for cheap and am going to challenge myself by learning a bit with a couple of friends!) and also the old school Burton Air Micro Dan purchased on ebay whilst he was drunk one night…

That said, I think I’ll spend most of my time on the DC Ply. I just really like it!

Not pictured are my Flux RK30’s (currently mounted on our snowboard addiction practice/tramp board) and also my Switchbacks.

I also have finally decided to retire my Nitro Crown TLS boots. After ~170-odd days on snow, they’ve definitely done well for themselves. Sadly, I couldn’t find a Nitro distributor here locally to try on current models (wtf??), so I ended up going back to the ThirtyTwo Lashed. Had the Lashed a few years ago, and they’re such a good all round boot.

Anyway, I think my quiver should cover another season worth of gear needs and requirements!

My latest “acquisition”!!!!!

Nice one Mizu!

skip11 - 03 November 2015 01:34 AM

Nice one Mizu!

Cheers mate!!!!!

You’ll be happy to know that I’m boltin on a pair of Flux Teams!!!!! LOL

skip11 - 27 October 2015 03:40 PM

@Jez: Nice one Jez :D. Any reason to choose the Agent over the Mod?

Not really. I’ve always been stoked on both boards actually, and I would have been happy to ride either. This particular decision was based more on stock availability at the time.

Im SO excited for my 1617 JONES Storm Chaser Split (147) its kind of concerning…..due in the country in the next week or so.  And the new Karakoram Clips, with JONES’s boltless bridge tech is super exciting!

And while I have you, lets not forget about one of the most anticipated shapes to ever grace the YES. collection, the 1617 YES. OPTIMISTIC (151).....

So there you go… Winter 2016 is going to be a good one I can feel it!

@amine, have you ridden the regular Stormchaser, and what’s the feedback?????

Yup @Mizu Kuma  I have ridden it.  Its such a great ALL mountain board, for the guy that isn’t park focused (ie. me).  It LOVES “hard pack” as it rides longer than its size (due to its big wist width & stiffer flex) and holds a great edge (due to the new mellow magna-traction tech & the stiffer than usual swallow tail).  And with Chris Christenson’s surf rocker its a seriously loose / fast / exciting ride in “soft snow” (so in hot or cold pow!). 

(FYR - Jeremy Jones had only ridden his Storm Chaser for 1 day before he decided to do himself a DIY Storm Chaser Split ... and now its in the line!).  ...you should check one at a demo day this year!!!!