The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Your Quiver — Post your ride here!

geniass - 15 August 2014 06:53 PM

I’ve got a new toy! 152 GNU Smart Pickle with Flux bindings. My only problem right now is I can’t head up the mountain this weekend to try it out. First weekend not out there and I time it just after the new ride arrives rage

Massive thanks to Jeremy for all his advice, helping me locate the board and sorting out the bindings for me. Oh and hooking me up with some rad stickers cool smile  Jeremy is THE MAN!

Also - thanks to Mizu for the suggestion of Flux bindings. I have giant feet (for a girl) so couldn’t get the exact ones you suggested but you pointed me in the right direction grin

No worries, geniass!!!!!

Let us know how it all goes as soon as ya get the chance to blow some snow of the slopes!!!!! shaka

geniass - 15 August 2014 06:53 PM

I’ve got a new toy! 152 GNU Smart Pickle with Flux bindings. My only problem right now is I can’t head up the mountain this weekend to try it out. First weekend not out there and I time it just after the new ride arrives rage

Massive thanks to Jeremy for all his advice, helping me locate the board and sorting out the bindings for me. Oh and hooking me up with some rad stickers cool smile  Jeremy is THE MAN!

Also - thanks to Mizu for the suggestion of Flux bindings. I have giant feet (for a girl) so couldn’t get the exact ones you suggested but you pointed me in the right direction grin

Nice!! I just got exactly the same board :D can’t wait to try it out at the shred next weekend!! How good do they look?!

Mizu Kuma - 15 August 2014 07:33 PM

No worries, geniass!!!!!

Let us know how it all goes as soon as ya get the chance to blow some snow of the slopes!!!!! shaka

Took the new set up on it’s maiden voyage on the weekend and you cannot get the grin off my face. I am so seriously stoked with the new ride. It’s a confidence inspiring ride. I felt way more comfortable attempting small jumps and also straight boarding and getting some speed up than I did on the old board. I’m pretty confident I made some more improvements with my riding this weekend too so stoked about that! shred

air180 - 15 August 2014 08:33 PM

Nice!! I just got exactly the same board :D can’t wait to try it out at the shred next weekend!! How good do they look?!

They look so good! How’d you go with your first ride at the shred air180?

Awesome stuff, geniass!!!!!  cool grin

geniass - 26 August 2014 07:40 PM
Mizu Kuma - 15 August 2014 07:33 PM

No worries, geniass!!!!!

Took the new set up on it’s maiden voyage on the weekend and you cannot get the grin off my face. I am so seriously stoked with the new ride. It’s a confidence inspiring ride. I felt way more comfortable attempting small jumps and also straight boarding and getting some speed up than I did on the old board. I’m pretty confident I made some more improvements with my riding this weekend too so stoked about that! shred

air180 - 15 August 2014 08:33 PM

They look so good! How’d you go with your first ride at the shred air180?

Loved it!! It’s so much more flexible than my old board which is exactly what I was looking for. Tail presses and buttering is so much easier. It holds an edge heaps better too which makes riding feel so much more effortless. So happy with it :D

The new setup, so stoked on it!

Jones Mountain Twin 2015 x Now IPO

Wizey - 28 August 2014 01:55 PM

The new setup, so stoked on it!

Jones Mountain Twin 2015 x Now IPO

looks good, wizey.  Have you ridden it yet?

Sweet lookin ride there, wizey!!!!! shaka

Only a loungeroom ride haha. Loving the flex on it though, it’s stiff through the middle and a bit softer in the nose and tail, exactly what I was after.

Taking Dad down to Thredbo next weekend again so I’ll get to put it through its paces trying to keep up with him on his skis!

Uuuuuuh, that’s a sexy lookin setup right there.

Love the blue with the wood grain showing through!
Very sexy indeed!

I seem to find my perfect rides are in oranges and greens - my two least favourite colours.
Ahhh well…one day the graphics AND the board will BOTH soothe my soul.

Let us know how it goes, and what you think of the NOW bindings.  I’ll be riding mine for the first time tomorrow.

LMB - 28 August 2014 05:02 PM

I’ll be riding mine for the first time tomorrow.

Be sure to push Jeremy over in the snow for me, LMB!!!!!

LMB - 28 August 2014 05:02 PM

Love the blue with the wood grain showing through!
Very sexy indeed!

I seem to find my perfect rides are in oranges and greens - my two least favourite colours.
Ahhh well…one day the graphics AND the board will BOTH soothe my soul.

Let us know how it goes, and what you think of the NOW bindings.  I’ll be riding mine for the first time tomorrow.

I love the woodgrain too, nice and subtle. I still can’t decide what the colour is, whether it’s blue or green. Gonna go with teal as a middle ground haha.

Pretty keen to get out on them, they already feel more comfortable than my old Missions, my only pressure point/discomfort I have in my right foot seems to have disappeared.

Here’s my quiver, I just re-decaled a few of them too…

FYI I only have 2 pairs of bindings, last seasons’s NOW IPO in white, and this season’s Drive.
Altho’, I am looking to part with the IPO’s.

And another purdy Jones graces these pages!!!!! shaka

Looks like a PM to Jez is in order for some Boardworld Vinyl?????