The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Your Quiver — Post your ride here!

okaii sweet thanks for the kind words [=

08/09 Libtech Skatebanana 156
07/08 Rome 390s
08/09 Burton Ions (complete shit except for the footbed is the thinnest thing ever… so the board feel is unreal…

ch!

Hah, we have pretty similar setups Shredlife. What don’t you like about the Ions? I think the feel/performance of the 08’s was better (a little stiffer), but construction and the speedzone improvements are far superior on the 09’s. I stripped 3 laces on my 08’s.

snowslider - 07 July 2009 01:08 PM

Arc’teryx makes nice stuff!

Arc’teryx’s stuff is incredible. Can’t speak highly enough of their jackets.  If there was a nuclear war, the only thing left would be the c- ockroaches and my Arc’teryx jackets.

Was overseas a few years ago and borrowed a friend’s Arc’teryx Alpha Jacket. Went out and bought my own one (actually 2 of them) the next day. Worn them for a couple of seasons and they are still like brand new. As an added bonus I reckon they look “stylin” as well smile

The cut of their pants doesn’t fit me personally but if their jackets are anything to go by, you will NEVER get a wet butt grin

kort - 08 July 2009 01:39 AM

If there was a nuclear war, the only thing left would be the c- ockroaches and my Arc’teryx jackets.

HA HA!!
good one!

I’ve never been a fan of the pants either. too ski style maybe? i dunno…
I’ve never owned anything of theirs, but I’m a fan.

Yeah I was puzzled by their pants. Put a pair on and I felt like MC Hammer in that music video “you can’t touch this” - Even a butt twice the size of mine wouldn’t have filled the pants! Must have been designed for Americans wink

Still their jackets fit like a gloves so very happy with them.

I am talking board bingings and boots.

EDIT: merged threads smile -rider26

04 burton freestyle boots
02 drake F50 bindings….rock on!

07 Salomon Malamute boots

07 Burton Cartel Bindings on one board
08 Burton c60 Bindings on the other.

do you find the c60’s significantly more responsive than the cartels?

Haven’t ridden the C60s yet. My next ride wont be Jan 2010 in Lake Tahoe (Prolly not going to bother riding in Oz this season)......but I *imagine* they will be! smile
Got them for a song so couldn’t resist.

Hey guys, we’ve got a thread already in the Equipment Forum, https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/7/

All mountain/freeride

‘06 Ride Theory 159
‘06 Ride Mig

Groomers/park
‘09 K2 Darkstar 157
‘08 Rome 390

Boots
‘07 32 Lashed

Arbor x Rogue Status 155 board
Burton mission bindings
DC Phase boots

beast - 15 July 2009 11:20 AM

do you find the c60’s significantly more responsive than the cartels?

I have ridden in both bindings (owned Cartels for a few seasons and spent two days testing the C60s at the product launch). The C60 are significantly more responsive. If you are looking for a stiff binding, they are an excellent choice. I really liked the C60s, super, super responsive.