The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Riser Pads

what are riser pads for?

They are for short skaters so they can look taller when on their board.

But seriously there are 2 types of riser pads. You shock risers which are made of rubber and then your hard risers which are made of plastic.

Shock risers as the name describes are designed to asorb shock. If you are one of the skaters that snap boards on the regular, or skating rough surfaces these will help. Sizes for them generally range from .016”-1/8”

Hard risers are designed to give you wheel clearance, when you are skating bigger wheels and get wheel bite.

There are also wedge risers that increase base plate angles that are designed for carving.

Hope this explains it basically for you, if you need more info let us know.

I use raisers, both for shock and for wheel clearence, I like my wheels loose smile

Fair shout Rocken punk. You do need some extra clearance if you are going to be loosey goosey. What size wheels are you skating?

52 mm I believe. I have an 8.5 board if that makes a difference. All the little kids offer their tools to me to “fix” them lol

Yeah that does crack me up when they get on a deck and think that is wrong that your trucks are loose. Easier to turn out of tricks I found.