The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Are you training for the upcoming snow season?

I have been training a lot more leading up to this season, but not specifically for the snow, but have been keeping it in mind while training.

Been weight training at least 3 times a week, but most of the time 4-5 nights a week. Mainly trying to put on muscle mass and get cut up again. But whilst training i have been thinking bout muscle i use when riding and done extra work on legs, including explosive reps, and also my core work. Been focusing my core work a lot on my obliques and doing exercises that involve shifting weight side to side and explosively to help with rotations in spins and turns.

Also been hiking in the Dandenongs each weekend, doing the 1000steps trail and others, to get hike fit for those hours hiking the park and through snow. Starting to do it weighted from this weekend.
Been running a lot more since doing the Mothers Day Classic 8km where i ran a 34min 48seconds. Training for the Run Melbourne 10ks which i hope to get a really good time on and then the Melbourne Half Marrathon in October.

Last season i took it easy for a while because i broke my collar bone Labour Day ‘09. When i say broke i mean smashed it to little pieces and snapped my shoulder blade in half at the same time. Had surgery on my clavicle and now have a titanium plate and 8 screws. Last year i still lacked a lot of strength in that arm as i had 4months of doing no weight training. So have been strenghting that up again too.

Feels good going into the season fit and healthy   grin

Ive been on the skateboard practicing all month.(when its not raining) gonna get the 270 front boards this year

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 09 June 2010 02:36 AM

When i say broke i mean smashed it to little pieces and snapped my shoulder blade in half at the same time. Had surgery on my clavicle and now have a titanium plate and 8 screws.

Downhill riding, sounds nasty man.

Been training twice a week, running, kickboxing and weights, also been out in the bush with the dirtbike on the weekends and I bet I am still unfit.

I haven’t been doing boarding specific training, but I’m in the boxing gym a few days a week, so the fitness should hopefully be there.

I’ve just been putting a few extra squats into my session over the last few weeks, as that’s where I hurt the most last season.

Can’t wait to get out there!

I started exercising as soon as I found out I was doing another season

do roughly a 30min run, with sprints about 60 pushups and 40-50 situps.

Get home and jump on the bike untill I practically die.

Mostly just trying to get some core work so I can power down the hill all day.

Should be a lot more cardio fit this year, did footy pre season training and have been playing as well, two 2 hour training sessions through the week and a full game saturdays as well as 3 gym sessions on the weights a week.  Weighing in at around 101-2 at the moment, down from 109kgs at the start of the year.  My cardio fitness should be way up on last year plus the removal of a few kgs should help with the agility side of things.  Concentrated a fir bit on core stuff as well lately, will see how it all comes together tomorrow!