The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Whats with the avatar…

What’s the story behind your avatar? What is it, and why did you choose it?

Mine is me and my failed attempt at a snowangel in powder. It topped off a good two weekend trips in a row to Thredbo where I got proposed to and made my now fiancées sister try snowboarding!

Mine was me taking a photo of myself trying to hide as much in my jacket as possible cos the wind was freezing! Messed round with colours and negatives and thought it looked kida cool.

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 08 April 2010 08:32 AM

Mine was me taking a photo of myself trying to hide as much in my jacket as possible cos the wind was freezing! Messed round with colours and negatives and thought it looked kida cool.

It just took me a few minutes to evven make out your avatar! LOL if it wasn’t for the branding on your helmet I would have never known!

My avatar is my Spawn inspired painted helmet looking into the trees. The character Spawn struggled to find a way to free himself from Hell’s control and recapture his humanity. I always identified with the pursuit, even more so that now that I live over 10,000 miles from home.

favourite shot from japan this year

Banger - 08 April 2010 12:48 PM

Is that a pic of you, a pic you took, or a pic off the net?

mine is a pic of me walking to the bus stop on a night where we got a massive dump. but it looks awsome!!

I need to change mine. I was just testing the avatar feature and found a cool photo of DCP launching off a backcountry booter. I liked the colours, so I photoshopped it and voila.

snowcrazy - 08 April 2010 12:59 PM

pic of me

Banger - 09 April 2010 09:50 PM
snowcrazy - 08 April 2010 12:59 PM

pic of me

It’s an awesome pic!!!

Mine is a self portrait.  I had just bought a new flash so was playing with lighting effects.  Everyone says its not a true photo of me because I am not a bad ass angry kind a guy.

My avatar is of mine and Jeremy’s little puppy border collie x kelpie named Chilli.

This photo shows him perfectly because he is always eating and destroying things, especially cardboard and tissues.

Chilli is now 7.5 months and still terrorising everything. He stole some of my expensive Lindor chocolates for Easter and left the cheap ones for me to eat.

Jeremy and I both still love him to death despite his crazy personality.

If you look at his eyes it’s looks like a little kid saying “what, I’m not doing anything” and giving that puppy dog look that makes everyone melt.

Just Giver - 12 April 2010 08:02 AM

My avatar is of mine and Jeremy’s little puppy border collie x kelpie named Chilli.

This photo shows him perfectly because he is always eating and destroying things, especially cardboard and tissues.

Chilli is now 7.5 months and still terrorising everything. He stole some of my expensive Lindor chocolates for Easter and left the cheap ones for me to eat.

Jeremy and I both still love him to death despite his crazy personality.

If you look at his eyes it’s looks like a little kid saying “what, I’m not doing anything” and giving that puppy dog look that makes everyone melt.

Very very cute! We have a 9yr old Kelpie who still manages to give us puppy dog eyes!

rider26 - 09 April 2010 03:15 AM

I need to change mine. I was just testing the avatar feature and found a cool photo of DCP launching off a backcountry booter. I liked the colours, so I photoshopped it and voila.

Oh and here I was thinking it was you wink

Mine was taken by my mate without me realising while waiting in line.

I’ve always liked pics of trails or roads that seem to go on endlessly. this is a picture of train tracks that I crossed when hiking on the Appalachian trail not too far from home. I’ve never hiked the whole trail, but I’ve spent many days on it.
I think it represents adventure, future and progress and it makes me want to ditch everything and follow along it’s path.
It’s like it is telling me “I’m going somewhere, where are you going?”

snowslider - 16 April 2010 02:25 PM

I’ve always liked pics of trails or roads that seem to go on endlessly. this is a picture of train tracks that I crossed when hiking on the Appalachian trail not too far from home. I’ve never hiked the whole trail, but I’ve spent many days on it.
I think it represents adventure, future and progress and it makes me want to ditch everything and follow along it’s path.
It’s like it is telling me “I’m going somewhere, where are you going?”

I like this!! smile good speech too haha