The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Currently updating the site… (Please read)

The site may look weird for the next little while. The developers are just fixing a few things. It will be back to normal soon.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Some fixes are already up. There will be more coming soon. New graphics for the website will be up in approx 4-6 weeks from now.

Current forum changes:

Better private message notification (now tells you up the top if you have an unread message)
Updated colours. Improved colour contrast.
New features (i.e. can select previous thread and next thread at the bottom of the page).
Users can now upload a profile photo - https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/member/edit_photo/ (avatars not enabled yet).

Coming soon:

Automatic image resizing to 800 pixels wide. You won’t need to resize images before uploading.
Videos (Youtube, Vimeo etc…) will be able to be placed directly into the forums.
New background graphics, top menu colours. Complete redesign of the website graphics in general.
Possibly enabling avatars on the forums (still thinking about this). Please give us your opinion.

Please be patient with the current upgrades. Everything we are doing is to make Boardworld better for our users. If you have any ideas, feedback, questions or concerns, please let us know.

Testing youtube embed.

Either an avatar or allow small pics in signature.
No animation - to distracting.

Hey guys, we need opinions on the new post markers. Do you like the new ones or prefer the old post marker legend?

I prefer the old. The new ‘open’ folder to distinguish a new post is not as clear and obvious… Not a big deal though. I hope I’m referring to what you asked about…

I am loving the new format, looks and works great !!!!

Things are looking good.  Change is good so keep it up.  Small pick would be a good option so we can put faces to the names (Adds a little personality to people)  I agree not animated ones.  Other then that ya like it all so far cant wait to see new graphics and more updates

Spaz’s suggestion is a good one too…

Avatars are nice, but I suggest that members should be encouraged keeping it clean.
The auto resizing is good, as I hate having to go through that process when wanting to post a pic.

Avatars have been enabled. We will use this as a test run to see how it looks and if members like it.

To upload an avatar go here: https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/member/edit_avatar/

having a pic is definitely a keeper!

Thoughts on the new post marker legend? (i.e. the little folder symbols next to each thread name)

We are thinking about resorting back to the old markers.

The form you submitted contained the following errors

* The uploaded file exceeds the maximum allowed size in your PHP configuration file

Return to Previous Page

Dan83 - 26 March 2010 01:52 AM

I prefer the old. The new ‘open’ folder to distinguish a new post is not as clear and obvious… Not a big deal though. I hope I’m referring to what you asked about…

I think I have to agree. it is not as obvious.
I like the bold text when unread though.
But figuring out an icon is a good idea too.

snowslider - 31 March 2010 03:29 AM

The form you submitted contained the following errors

* The uploaded file exceeds the maximum allowed size in your PHP configuration file

Return to Previous Page

Was that error message for uploading your avatar? Dimensions need to be 100 x 100 pixels or smaller.