The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Favorite skateboard company???

concrete curbs, which now that i think about it would wear them away faster, but there is nothing else to grind until i make something myself

C J Parker - 12 July 2012 09:10 PM

I have a P2 deck, but yet to skate it. Kind of like I want too, but then once I have, will I go back to a full wood deck again. Big conflict thing happening.

I have skated Cliche Carbon Light decks. Not my own, just friends ones. So cant say I have skated them heaps and gotten used to them. But they definately feel a lot snappier! Pop is improved a bit, but the main thing is the durability we have noticed on them. So much harder to snap. My mate had his run over a car and it just bent then was fine afterwards. Had a little crack in it, but it skated exactly the same. Another mate had one waterlogged twice, and it was still pretty good. Not great, but it wasnt game over

It seems to be the point of having the deck last longer. Especially for guys that just snap boards on the daily or have boards go soggy too quickly. A mate of mine does love skating the P2 for bowl, thing he found was the stress fractures around the insert. Still kept its shape and pop just fractured. When I get round to skating mine I will keep you guys posted.

jamesskates - 15 July 2012 04:40 PM

concrete curbs, which now that i think about it would wear them away faster, but there is nothing else to grind until i make something myself

Concrete ledges are really good to grind though, they feel the best under your feet when grinding them. Will definitely destroy your trucks though. The reflex trucks will still not be the best for grinding. When your looking into new trucks let us know. To be honest I have seen some trucks completely ground down to the axle before being replaced though.

thanks,, i should be ok for a while then

I dont really care about the brand of the board, i just skate with what i have jajajaja

migueldaboss - 17 July 2012 08:26 AM

I dont really care about the brand of the board, i just skate with what i have jajajaja

thats cool, just make sure they are pro boards, not just from your local supermarket hahah