The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

some ideas to get the new aussie season going?

Perhaps not my place as i don’t handle the loot but….

Some potential comp ideas….

Most stylish straight air (video comp)

Tech trick challenge: Film a video with you doing any spin with a double tail grab.

or for the rail kids: Switch back 50-50 a street style feature

Perhaps if people get into it we could have a trick of the week or something like that…..i remember rider trying to get me to do nollie cab 5s which was a fun if not entirely successful challenge…......

Most postings on the team progress board comp might be another good one….

Andy and I had an idea of someone posts a video of a trick of choice, then everyone else can try to beat it. Whoever nails it / makes it look the best or has the best variation etc then decides the new trick. Get my gopro tomorrow

Aidy, I’m making the Flying Squirrel contest bigger this year! $1000 prize! What do you think? I think we should keep running with the Flying Squirrel contest. Will you be a judge?

Do you have to be able to walk away from landing it?  tongue rolleye

rider26 - 25 June 2012 08:10 AM

Aidy, I’m making the Flying Squirrel contest bigger this year! $1000 prize! What do you think? I think we should keep running with the Flying Squirrel contest. Will you be a judge?

sounds dope. Count me in!

SamNZ - 25 June 2012 07:42 AM

Andy and I had an idea of someone posts a video of a trick of choice, then everyone else can try to beat it. Whoever nails it / makes it look the best or has the best variation etc then decides the new trick. Get my gopro tomorrow

YES!!!!

Aidy - 25 June 2012 01:21 PM
SamNZ - 25 June 2012 07:42 AM

YES!!!!

This sounds mad

i like the sound of all of this, i only have one request a comp for beginners haha my skills really do not stand up to par with a lot of you guys LOL.

Comps are a good way to push yourself and also learn new things you may have not thought about doing before. If you’re unsure on how something is done, there’s always someone happy to give a break down and step by step to explain how. You may also be surprised at some of the things you can do with a little bit of practice, a lot of tricks that look good aren’t always super technical.

I agree with Sukah, as while it will definitely push people to better their skills, it can also deter people from even givin it a go once someone that is a high level rider posts their entry!!!!!

Probably hard to determine who goes into which grouping though I suppose?????

Sukah - 27 June 2012 01:41 AM

i like the sound of all of this, i only have one request a comp for beginners haha my skills really do not stand up to par with a lot of you guys LOL.

This is indeed an issue, i’ve been thinking about this one and so far I have a couple of idea, not sure how feasible they are but…

1) There are 3 or 4 categories: easy eg:nose press to tailpress, medium: tailslide, hard: frontboard on a down feature and perhaps advanced: switch frontboard on a down feature…..people can choose to enter any one and only one category and hopefully people won’t take the piss and enter the wrong one.

or

2) everybody nominates a numer of tricks (perhaps 1-3) and you have up till a certain date to post videos of you doing those tricks to claim a prize.  This relies on honesty of competitors but this is boardworld eh, no worries there.

I was more thinking no prizes. The idea I posted was more just for fun, to challenge yourself and others. Give it a go if you want, post a video if you want. Post a video for feedback/or to try and win and decide the new trick. Much like a game of Skate where the trick winner decides the new trick.

SamNZ - 27 June 2012 01:40 PM

I was more thinking no prizes. The idea I posted was more just for fun, to challenge yourself and others. Give it a go if you want, post a video if you want. Post a video for feedback/or to try and win and decide the new trick. Much like a game of Skate where the trick winner decides the new trick.

I reckon that is a good idea….even if one of the comp ideas gets up, we should still do your idea.

this sounds awesome and although im a beginner in park and would be hesitant to submit along with really good riders.. as you have all been saying its good for progression to try new things and see how people are doing the same trick - talking about the issues etc.

can we list some tricks for this week/weekend for those that are interested?!

tracvks - 29 June 2012 03:19 AM

this sounds awesome and although im a beginner in park and would be hesitant to submit along with really good riders.. as you have all been saying its good for progression to try new things and see how people are doing the same trick - talking about the issues etc.

I dont think it matters that much how good you are….just try it and film it. if there is someone doing a Backside 3 over a 50ft or someone doing it over a lump on the side of a run….your still having a crack!

what level are you at?  any thoughts on tricks to start with?

CRACKERS - 30 June 2012 10:40 AM
tracvks - 29 June 2012 03:19 AM

I dont think it matters that much how good you are….just try it and film it. if there is someone doing a Backside 3 over a 50ft or someone doing it over a lump on the side of a run….your still having a crack!

what level are you at?  any thoughts on tricks to start with?

True! I would say intermediate rider but beginner in the park.

Why dont we start with 1s or 3s? Im looking to try both off park booters (the 20ft ers in leichhardt) tomorrow - wish me luck!

Ill try get video so we have something to discuss even if it isnt contest etc.