The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

LIB TECH Travis Rice Pro - any difference between the 2

Hi,

After some advice!!  I went on a ride day today and tried a 2013 157 Lib Tech Travis Rice Pro.  Loved it and felt 100% at home!!!  Me want!! Now here is my problem? I can get this model for full price but the 2012 version is on sale.  I can’t see any differences myself but thought I would put myself out there for some learned advice!! ?  Should I pay full price and get the 2013 or go the 2012 model?

Thanks for your advice!!

Scott

Hey Scott, welcome to Boardworld. shaka

I’m not too sure if there were any changes to the board for 2013. I’ll see what I can find out for you.

Here’s the most important question: which model are you most stoked on?

Whichever one you choose, you’re getting a great board!

OK, I just got word back from Lib Tech. The only difference (besides for the graphics) is the 2013 model is slightly softer than the 2012 model.

I have the 2012 model and it is fairly stiff, would be interested to see how much softer the 13 is.  Great board though but not so much if you want to butter everywhere.

I was riding the lift with the Lib Tech dude on the weekend.

I quizzed him about all this. The Horsepower board is worth a look, same flex with less weight.

They are trying to organise a demo day at Hotham soon, so I can take all the different varieties and sizes for a run shaka

Jez, what was the year model you brought to the shred?

Pretty sure that was the 2012, Azz!!!!!

It would have been the 2012.